Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this hard week will catch up with us. Expecting a loss but, at the risk of sounding like Lambert, the lads will fight hard and give it a real good go. I think Liverpool will just have a bit too much for us this time round.

RAWK is up there with The Shed End as the most deluded forum in the league.

I'd go with:

GK Guzan

RB Lowton

CB Okore

CB Vlaar

LB Luna

CM Delph

CM Westwood

CM El Ahmadi

RW Weimann

CF Benteke

LW Gabby

Subs: Steer, Clark, Leandro, Tonev, Helenius, Gardner, Sylla.

Edited by wedge
  • Like 1

This will be Villa Park's introduction to the most of the USA, as the the game is being broadcast on regular NBC (free TV). Couldn't pick a better situation to show off the splendors of VP as well. I fully expect the place to be louder than it's been in years. And I fully expect a win against a team that should be considered our rivals for a Europa League spot.

3-1

Benteke with 2 goals

Delph with 1

Sturridge with 1

• Like 4

I think this hard week will catch up with us. Expecting a loss but, at the risk of sounding like Lambert, the lads will fight hard and give it a real good go. I think Liverpool will just have a bit too much for us this time round.

Nah, they're not that strong. VP will be the fortress we need it to be, our pace and power will give them fits. This is also the fittest looking Villa side I've seen maybe ever. They don't stop running.

• Like 1

it's about time we totally dismantled a deserving club, and I can think of few better clubs to take apart. I think it's going to be a very hard day for the Scousers.

I imagine they will have two different defensive strategies going into the match (plan A and plan B). But I think we'll be working from an entirely differently set of rules, forcing them into a mental and physical mush. They'll slough away like a pile of melting jellybabies.

5-1.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

keeper.png
Guzan
home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Okore
home.png
Luna
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Delph
home.png
El Ahmadi
home.png
Weimann
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Agbonlahor

And I'd like to see Sylla, Tonev and Helenius get some game time.

I think they'll score within ten minutes and then we'll thrash them = 5-1 Villa win.

Cliche I know but this game could go few ways;

1. We're on the crest of a big happy wave at the minute.  We beat Arsenal and we very much deserved a point, maybe more, against Chelsea.  We even have the media on our side.  We win and adrenaline takes us through.

2.  We've played 2 of the hardest fixtures we could possibly play this season in the space of 4 days.  Fatigue, a possible new and unfamiliar line up may cause a slightly lower performance which a rested Liverpool team (who aren't terrible btw) win.

3. The new players really want to show their new homes' fans how well they can do, raise their game and beat the living shit out of a team who is not poor by any means, but they look to me like a MON team.  I.e. a team of highly paid players who are good, but not good enough for what they want to achieve. 

Hopefully number 3 will play out. :)

UTV.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

This made me chuckle from RAWK

Yet they lost to a pretty one dimensional Chelsea team. In case you forgot we have Lucas, Gerrard, Agger and Toure

I struggle with what he means by this - they know none of these players would get into that Chelsea side right? These aren't even Liverpool's best players.

If we can keep Coutinho and Sturridge quiet, we've got a chance in this one.

Have also had a look at Rawk and find it fascinating as how both us and Spud fans go to extremes, They laugh at us because a fan thinks we are level with them and believe him dilusional.

If they actually look at the points tally in 2013 after PL got the team playing then there is not alot between us,  They think playing twice this week will weaken us, guess they did not see Villa Chelski last year when we thought this about them, do they not know the average age of our team, we will not be tired at that age. They think Toure can stop CB lol a chieftain tank aint gonna stop him on this form. they think we are a counter attacking team, perhaps we have been in our first 2 away games and we did not do to bad, at home though I suggest they look at how we were set up at the tail end of last season. They have not seen our midfield perform yet, Tonev with his long shots if he is played can cause them some danger - ask Guzan lol. It wont be an easy match but we are far from being the underdogs.

really looking forward to this game, if we can win that leaves us with 6 points with games against Newcastle home and Norwich away coming up, we could really get off to a flyer this season, I expect the atmosphere to be electric for Saturday, from what ive heard its near enough sold out, even a draw would be a decent result but I really think if we fly out the blocks we will win this game, im goin for 2 nil villa, be nice going to villa park with a exciting vibe around, I think Liverpool will do well this season but Saturday will belong to us

Liverpool often tried to set up aspas or sturridge between stoke`s defence a lot. As long as we keep a high line, they might struggle. Okore is vital as they have some pace in their front, so he might be able to stop them if they get a pass between our defence. This happened actually several times when they were playing last week. They also looked much weaker than Arsenal and Chelsea. As it stands now, I think we have a chance. No wonder they like Toure though, he had a decent game so I reckon many of them are raving about him atm. Should be able to dismantle this team quick if gabby keeps it up. 

After being robbed of a point against Corruptski, I reckon the lads (especially Benteke) will be well up for this. Lets hope Steeevie G doesnt con yet another ref and we get the three points.

• Like 1