Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am loving the fact that many of us genuinely believe we can win this game and if we keep up our level of performances so far, I don't think any fixture this season is a foregone conclusion that we won't get something out of it as it was sometimes in the O'Dreary days and under he who shall not be named.

I also predict a home win to the Villa, Gabby to get a brace and Weimann with the icing on the cake in a 3-1 win. Come on you Villa boys!!

If Sylla is fit, I probably go for this:

Guzan

Lowton Okore Vlaar Luna

Sylla El-Ahmadi

Delph

Helenius Benteke Agbonlahor

I know some will no doubt cry out at the exclusion of Westwood but I think KEA can do Westwood's job on the ball plus protect the defence and add more of a physical presence. Even if Weimann had played really well in our last two games, I would still have considered dropping him because I'm not sure he can do three games in a week. Helenius, going by pre-season, is someone I am very excited about and looks like he can add something different to our attack. His pace and his assist stats at AaB make me believe he can be a good wide-forward. If not him, then Tonev as the more direct option will do. I expect Lambert to pick the same team though (with Okore for Clark) and I can't really decide on the result, so I'll just go for the draw:

1-1

Agbonlahor for us. Sturridge to equalise for them.

The RAWK preview does at least give our club a respectful write-up. It does I think slightly underestimate our team bar our front 3 though. Which is nice :twisted:

First couple of pages of that thread and I was like okay, they're not that bad. Most of the posts were well reasoned and thoughtful. Later on in the thread is when the stereotypical RAWKites starting pouring in to my delight :lol:.

Reading a couple of forums, Liverpool fans on the whole seem wary about our front 3 tearing up their defence.

Feeling more confident about our defence now so providing we can somehow manage to keep Coutinho quiet (big ask I know ) then I'm going for an optimistic Villa win 2-0.

Edited by Sunny*Nunny

Atmosphere was shit last time Liverpool came to town. Hopefully the fans will be up for it this time (I have no doubt they will)

Let's hope Allen plays so Westy can show him how to run a midfield. 15 million  :crylaugh:

'The very same people and website weher they were convinced that Guardiola had left Barca for them last season.  Deluded fucktards, hope we stick 4 past them.'

What a load of bollocks. How can anybody on RAWK call any other forum deluded?

Edited by StefanAVFC

It was 12:45 on a bank holiday weekend last time and it was naff

I got yelled at for standing (in my ST seat in the Holte End) by some old woman who'd obviously bought a ticket just for that game.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I dont think it matters overly what the result is.  It could easily be we have temporarily blown ourseles out after 2 really tough games while Liverpool have had a rest - and they look like they have bought ok and will be top 6 comfortably this year (tho nowhere near the Top lol).

The point is (and I know it wont all be easy) we can now all see what the side is capable of, and aside from the usual ups and downs know we should hae a fun season overall.

Can't see any reason why we can't win this one. Liverpool huffed and puffed to get a result at home against a very poor Stoke side last week whilst Villa gave 2 of the top 4 teams in the league decent games and could conceivably have come away unbeaten. Apart from Coutinho, Gerrard and perhaps Sturridge I can't see what there is for us to be scared of. I'd go with Okore to nullify the one dimensional Sturridge and maybe Sylla in place of El Ahmadi just for the (hopefully) fresher legs.

Looking forward to a Luna hat trick (in the right end!). Oh yeah, feed the Beast.