Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

It was 12:45 on a bank holiday weekend last time and it was naff

12:45 is evil and kills atmospheres. 

Yup not enough drinking time.

This game can go either way. It would be nice to not concede within the first 15minutes of the game.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should beat Liverpool at home. We're clearly very good, better than us fans believe I think and these passing sides are our forte.

They do have quality, but the hype is unjustified until they prove it.

I wouldn't take a draw if offered. Lets 'av em.

• Like 1

We should beat Liverpool at home. We're clearly very good, better than us fans believe I think and these passing sides are our forte.

They do have quality, but the hype is unjustified until they prove it.

I wouldn't take a draw if offered. Lets 'av em.

Surely they have more to worry about than we do. Suarez is out so Coutinho isn't exactly gonna be providing a prolific and clinical striker. They seem to rate Kolo Toure awfully highly, and are convinced he's gonna keep Benteke quiet, but we'll see...

Why are their fans so convinced we're a counter attacking team. Because we've played that way away from home against two of the top 4 team's? Maybe they should watch some of our home game's at the back end of last season, I think we'll have more possession and create more chance's tbh.

This is the game for me when SHA are shit as usual. Really hate their fans, if you didn´t know, even their Swedish fans are words removed. I can take a loss to Rotherham if we win tomorrow.

• Like 2

Why are their fans so convinced we're a counter attacking team. Because we've played that way away from home against two of the top 4 team's? Maybe they should watch some of our home game's at the back end of last season, I think we'll have more possession and create more chance's tbh.

I hope the fans are patient if we are still counter attacking and not seeing much of the ball. We've showed we can get results that way and although it's frustrating to watch us play like that at home we may have to accept it sometimes. 

Sturridge unequivocally better than Benteke according to some, wtf are they smoking over there. That's 17 in 18, top scorer in Europe behind Messi and Ronaldo this calendar year Benteke we're talking about. Yeah okay.

Can't see any reason why we can't win this one. Liverpool huffed and puffed to get a result at home against a very poor Stoke side last week whilst Villa gave 2 of the top 4 teams in the league decent games and could conceivably have come away unbeaten. Apart from Coutinho, Gerrard and perhaps Sturridge I can't see what there is for us to be scared of. I'd go with Okore to nullify the one dimensional Sturridge and maybe Sylla in place of El Ahmadi just for the (hopefully) fresher legs.

Looking forward to a Luna hat trick (in the right end!). Oh yeah, feed the Beast.

Not really. Liverpool tore Stoke apart and the only reason it wasn't 6-0 was down to both Begovic's MOTM performance and their lack of clinicality  (I think that is a word) which was their Achilles' heel last season. You also forgot to mention Aspas who was very good. Our defence will really have to be on their A-game.