Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

I would love to see Bacuna given a start or at least a decent run out, from the little we've seen he's looked proper decent.  B)

At the expense of who though?

Either brought on at 60 minutes for whoever looks the most knackered/worst, or swapped with KEA as Bacuna strikes me as more attacking.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see any reason why we can't win this one. Liverpool huffed and puffed to get a result at home against a very poor Stoke side last week whilst Villa gave 2 of the top 4 teams in the league decent games and could conceivably have come away unbeaten. Apart from Coutinho, Gerrard and perhaps Sturridge I can't see what there is for us to be scared of. I'd go with Okore to nullify the one dimensional Sturridge and maybe Sylla in place of El Ahmadi just for the (hopefully) fresher legs.

Looking forward to a Luna hat trick (in the right end!). Oh yeah, feed the Beast.

Not really. Liverpool tore Stoke apart and the only reason it wasn't 6-0 was down to both Begovic's MOTM performance and their lack of clinicality  (I think that is a word) which was their Achilles' heel last season. You also forgot to mention Aspas who was very good. Our defence will really have to be on their A-game.

Clinicalness is the word you're after!!

Anyway, apols, forgot about Aspas, but VP against us will be a different proposition to Stoke at Anfield.

Our defence will need to be on their A-game most weeks, that's the default setting! (Though it is improving, I'll give it that!)

Little story. Guy at work is a Liverpool fan (can't really call him a glory hunter!!). For the past few years he's bought tickets to Villa-Reds games off the OS in the home seats. This year they spotted the pattern and took him to task over it. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't come up with a viable reason other than the fact that his kids were Liverpool fans. The upshot is, he'll have to buy his tickets through Liverpool from now on, unless he finds a way round it. Not funny is it? :P

Edited by turnbull
  • Like 2

Would make two changes, Okore in for Clark purely due to the fact that he impressed on Wednesday and I'd also bring in Sylla for El Ahmadi. I think Karim has had a great first two games but I'd like to see some fresh legs in midfield and the other two for me are undroppable. I'd be happy to see Sylla come in for him as we need someone to keep an eye on Coutinho.

Don't want to expect much despite our positive start and we always come crashing back down to earth. We also have a shocking record v Liverpool at home...

I'd take a draw but a win would be lovely.

This we will be a tough game. We are shit against Liverpool at home and they seem to be well organised. We really struggle to break teams down at home as teams sit back so all the pace in our attack is less effective. We still have no Merson type playmaker for these sort of games. I think it will be low scoring, maybe 1-0 to Liverpool.

I think we will struggle to create clear chances, our home form over the last couple of seasons has been dire, I feel we would have a better chance at Anfield.

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1

Does anyone think we can play delph & el madhi holding mid and Westwood as cam who can play various types of passes over the top and thru the defence for the deadly trio to run onto

no