Southampton

NurembergVillan

Another point to note is Koeman has spent more than Lambert in one window than he has had as his entire budget.

But to counter he has also recouped more in one window than Lambert has in his tenure.

Who in our squad when Lambert arrived could we honestly have recouped alot of money for?

Another point to note is Koeman has spent more than Lambert in one window than he has had as his entire budget.

But to counter he has also recouped more in one window than Lambert has in his tenure.

Who in our squad when Lambert arrived could we honestly have recouped alot of money for?

There isn't anyone, but Koeman wouldn't have been able to spend as much if he hadn't sold.

Shane Long will never ever ever score 15-20 goals in a season.

Worst signing of the summer for me. All that money in the bank and that's the tripe they're served. I'd be livid.

but he will still put in his customary performance of the season vs Villa :(

From want I've seen the delusion of last season hasn't gone yet, a fair few of them are happy with their "quality" signing

Just came on to post this. Hilarious:

"he's always a handful, could be an inspired signing."

and apparently, they bought him to run around.

"We've already got the goalscorer in Pelle, if you watch the interview with Koeman he says he wanted a striker that will do the running"

Edit...

I've given up debating with them on facebook. Apparently Long is a world class striker who will score 20+ goals, was bought as a runner and the experience will benefit southampton.

Odd bunch.

Edited by dodgyknees

I've given up debating with them on facebook. Apparently Long is a world class striker who will score 20+ goals, was bought as a runner and the experience will benefit southampton.

Odd bunch.

To be fair, our lot would be spouting the same crap on here had we signed him.

Odd bunch.

To be fair, our lot would be spouting the same crap on here had we signed him.

Not really. If we got him for 5M we'd be over the moon. If we paid 12M we'd be furious!

I think Long is a good player. Better than all our strikers bar Benteke.

If they'd just spend £12m on Hernandez from Utd I don't think there would be much of a debate, but Long is better than him as well.

Football is full of overpriced players... but if everyone is overpriced, does that mean no one is?

• Like 1

very impressed with southampton today, thought they easily deserved a draw. because of the talent they have lost i cant see them repeating last seasons performance but i cant see them finising below mid table. they still have a good team with the players koeman brought in, but its a shame they could not of kept the players they sold plus added to them  because they could of been a top six team.

I think Long is a good player. Better than all our strikers bar Benteke.

If they'd just spend £12m on Hernandez from Utd I don't think there would be much of a debate, but Long is better than him as well.

Football is full of overpriced players... but if everyone is overpriced, does that mean no one is?

At what is Long better at than say Kozak, for example? It's certainly not scoring goals.

He's a shit Emile Heskey.

• Like 2

Long is good at harrying defenders and tackling defenders and midfielder. He closes them down fast so they don't get a chance to play the ball around and get comfortable.

Not all strikers can do that. Darren Bent is the classic example of a striker who doesn't do this. Forwards like that are used if your team is playing the High Press tactic. So while Southampton this year have a new manager the signing of Long suggests to me that they will play pretty much the same way as they did under Pochettino.

Edited by Con

Â