Southampton

NurembergVillan

Hilarious: The club originally came out and said any player could leave but then they block Schneiderlin's transfer hopes and he moans on Twitter. Now potentially handing in a transfer request. Amazing.

Tim Pearson ‏@TimPearsonMedia 15m
Hearing reports of a training ground bust up between 3 senior figures at Southampton. Unconfirmed at the moment. #SaintsFC #SFC

When it rains eh :lol:

I cant wait to see what Li Tissier makes of all this at the start of the season :lol:

Edited by PieFacE

Feel really sorry for Southampton. It goes to show there is no point developing a team to break the Top 4. As soon as you get too close for their comfort they will just rip the guts out of your team.

They are nailed on relegation candidates for me now.

If I was the owner of Southampton I'd do the exact same thing. They went as high as they can go so the time was right to, sell all the players, keep all the money for yourself, let them fall back down the championship and start again. If you didn't give a shite about the club (which I don't) then why would you do anything else? You can't compete with the bigger clubs so the best you can hope for is to tread water which will eventually see the fans turn on you or the manager or both. Unless you have millions of pounds to waste the Southampton model is a good one for an owner. Mike Ashley's model at Sportsdirect-Newcastle-SportsDirect-F.C. is similar, just use the club to make yourself money or at least ensure it's not costing you anything. 

If I was the owner of Southampton I'd do the exact same thing. They went as high as they can go so the time was right to, sell all the players, keep all the money for yourself, let them fall back down the championship and start again. If you didn't give a shite about the club (which I don't) then why would you do anything else? You can't compete with the bigger clubs so the best you can hope for is to tread water which will eventually see the fans turn on you or the manager or both. Unless you have millions of pounds to waste the Southampton model is a good one for an owner. Mike Ashley's model at Sportsdirect-Newcastle-SportsDirect-F.C. is similar, just use the club to make yourself money or at least ensure it's not costing you anything. 

OT but Newcastle doesn't really make money for Ashley. What it does do is provide a massive free advertising vehicle for Sports Direct

Feel really sorry for Southampton. It goes to show there is no point developing a team to break the Top 4. As soon as you get too close for their comfort they will just rip the guts out of your team.

I don't feel sorry for them. Other clubs have been through the same thing.

It all started, imo, when they let Pochettino go to Spurs. Had they told him that he's under contract and they want him to see it out, he could have put a brave face on and brought in some new players, meaning some of the other players might have stayed too (even if Pochettino only stayed for another season).

The way it's happened, it's seemed like "He's leaving? I'll leave too". (Though very simplistic).

• Like 1

I don't feel sorry for them. Other clubs have been through the same thing.

It all started, imo, when they let Pochettino go to Spurs. Had they told him that he's under contract and they want him to see it out, he could have put a brave face on and brought in some new players, meaning some of the other players might have stayed too (even if Pochettino only stayed for another season).

The way it's happened, it's seemed like "He's leaving? I'll leave too". (Though very simplistic).

The fans more than the club. It is pretty heartbreaking watching your crown jewels sold off to "bigger" clubs safe in the knowledge you wont seen anything like the £100m you've recieved in transfers spent on replacements.

Southampton are shafted this season.

• Like 1

I wouldn't go that far. I think they'll struggle a bit and probably finish in the bottom 10 but there are worse teams around.

This!!

Some people seem to find it hilarious, but I don't see what's amusing about this at all. It's a horrible indictment of the PL.

We could get taken over, have money pumped in, start to finish in the top six, but then get dismantled, in the same way Southampton have, by bigger predators. It gives me no hope for my own club.

• Like 4

Ward-Prowse is superb and should break into the England team this year.

They may have more younger talent coming through.

That said, it will take miracle management even if they get 6 replacements in to repeat their achievement last year.

The fans seemed to think they were getting Marcos Rojo. I think they're a bit underwhelmed by Bertrand. They're also meant to be getting Taida on loan from Inter as part of the Osvaldo deal.

In our situation. I feel nothing for them. I hope this will happen to two other teams so that we are safe.

In the bigger picture of football, well football is really broken and I have no clue how it will be fixed.

I think some of the situation at Southampton is down to the owner wanting to sell to recoup some money. If they really wanted to hang on to some of these players I believe they could have done.

Also I think there is a big difference between finishing sixth with VIlla and Ninth with Southampton.

Apparently Liverpool bid £20mil for Bertrand, Chelsea said no as didn't want sell to them and loaned Bertrand to Southampton for season.

He hasn't impressed on loan at number of places now: Reading, Norwich, Forest or us and is hyped up over that one good game in Champs League Final

£20mil Chelsea should have snapped their hands off for that.

I'm guessing that's a joke that Liverpool bid 20 million for him since he joined Southampton.

He joined Southampton on loan, read that apparently Liverpool bid £20mil for him earlier today and was rejected by Chelsea, again don't know how true

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Â