Southampton

NurembergVillan

But as I did clarify, it was more over how many games you must see of a player before coming to a conclusive judgement on them.

Though you by your own accounts say goals in the Dutch League don't count for much, but then judge him on that league anyway. Think we've had this discussion enough, we will soon find out how good Grazziano Pele is.

Well yes, what else can I judge him on? Again you are looking for a contradiction that isn't there pal. I merely said it was premmature to say he was a waste of money based on a few appearences from years ago. Whereas with Kozak, I had reached a judgement on him based on numerous appearences.

Pretty straightforward methinks.

You're opinion on Kozak was ill-founded.

On what basis is that then?

But he states he doesn't really take goal-scoring records in Holland as any indication, he has a point with that as Altidore springs to mind. Anyway we will soon find out.

Yes he did but aren't you the one who always says you can't judge a player until he plays for the club he signs for? You certainly did so with Senderos. Or does it only apply to players that we sign? I'm confused.

That he was a waste of money.

I take it that you have seen Pellè play before then?

The thing with this Pelle is we've seen it before...Afonso Alves, Kezman, Babel, even Kuyt was only a success in England after being converted to a right midfielder.

He scored one Seria A goal so I think that's worth reflecting on.

The thing with this Pelle is we've seen it before...Afonso Alves, Kezman, Babel, even Kuyt was only a success in England after being converted to a right midfielder.

Where was Suarez from again? ;) Edited by Vive_La_Villa

No doubt but the idea that he is a waste of money because other players from the Eredivisie have flopped doesn't follow.

the fact they paid 10 million or so for a 29 year old with no real pedigree at a high level is what im judging him on. Interestingly Finnbogasson the Eredivisie topscorer went for less money

• Like 1

I've only ever seen Pelle play on the Sunday games, where he had this reputation for always scoring. So I think he's awesome. But to get that 'he always scores on Sundays' reputation, he clearly doesn't score as often on the other days.. So I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play on a Saturday :-P

the fact they paid 10 million or so for a 29 year old with no real pedigree at a high level is what im judging him on. Interestingly Finnbogasson the Eredivisie topscorer went for less money

It was actually circa £8m. Finnbogasson may have been top scorer but wasn't therefore the best striker. He is just a poachery type player who played for a gung-ho side and about a third of his goals were penalties. Not that there is anything wrong with that type of player but Pellè single-handedly held Feyenoord's system together in the same way Benteke did for us in 2012/13. Anyway, you may well be right and he could flop but I don't believe that anybody who saw him play for Feyenoord would be so rashly dismissive.

Â