NurembergVillan

Long is good at harrying defenders and tackling defenders and midfielder. He closes them down fast so they don't get a chance to play the ball around and get comfortable.

Not all strikers can do that. Darren Bent is the classic example of a striker who doesn't do this. Forwards like that are used if your team is playing the High Press tactic. So while Southampton this year have a new manager the signing of Long suggests to me that they will play pretty much the same way as they did under Pochettino.

12 million good though? He's going to have to score a lot of tackle goals to justify that price tag.

• Like 1

I always rated Tadic in Holland and mentioned him transfer thread a few times in past!! was close to joining us in January if rumours was true!

Oozes class and wonderful assist today for Clyne!! For £10.9mil they have a bargain who is better than Lallana

I think Long is a good player. Better than all our strikers bar Benteke.

If they'd just spend £12m on Hernandez from Utd I don't think there would be much of a debate, but Long is better than him as well.

Football is full of overpriced players... but if everyone is overpriced, does that mean no one is?

At what is Long better at than say Kozak, for example? It's certainly not scoring goals.

He's a shit Emile Heskey.

Nearly everything. Touch, pace, work-rate, movement, finishing, shooting, build up play. I'd probably give Kozak heading.

Long isn't amazing, but he's a good Premier League player. The general outrage over the £12m fee struck me as a bit strong.

I think Long is a good player. Better than all our strikers bar Benteke.

If they'd just spend £12m on Hernandez from Utd I don't think there would be much of a debate, but Long is better than him as well.

Football is full of overpriced players... but if everyone is overpriced, does that mean no one is?

At what is Long better at than say Kozak, for example? It's certainly not scoring goals.

He's a shit Emile Heskey.

Nearly everything. Touch, pace, work-rate, movement, finishing, shooting, build up play. I'd probably give Kozak heading.

Long isn't amazing, but he's a good Premier League player. The general outrage over the £12m fee struck me as a bit strong.

You forgot tackle goals....

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 3

Touch, pace, work-rate, movement, finishing, shooting, build up play. I'd probably give Kozak heading.

It's a wonder then that for all his superior abilities he's never averaged better than a goal every 3 games (269 mins) in the PL while Kozak came in to a side in disarray and averaged a goal every 196 mins.

Long's scored 3 in his last 3 against us but against everyone else his finishing has been mediocre at best.

• Like 1

Â