Pissy Pants Housemate

YLN

Ok that wasn't the end for today...

So I went food shopping and got some stuff for freezing. Went to the freezer, to find it open and it completely caked in ice. Completely ****. So I go breaking off the ice to try to get the door to close. No joy. Home he comes from getting a coffee. I say there's a problem with the freezer. The door was left open etc. So he says oh is that why there's that smell? I say I'm trying to work out if I've used the freezer. He's just sitting not engaging at all in the conversation. I say I know you've been having just pizzas, so I'm thinking it's probably you that left it open. He says well I closed it the best I could. My back is right up at this stage. I say right... I see you took down the rubbish. That was good. You didn't think of taking down the recycling too? He says he couldn't carry both. Two bin bags... So I say right.. and you haven't emptied the dishwasher either. What do you want from me he says... Do you not remember our conversation about you showing a bit of appreciation for me letting you stay here longer than I want to until you can find a place. He says you're going to have to back off. I say you're going to have to **** off. Either you clean this house, or get gone. I'm going out. Your choice.

He didn't say much after that. He has emptied and filled the dishwasher and taken down the bins. 

I think I'll put him through a window tomorrow. He owes me €560 now

You aren't getting that money if you kick him out but you probably won't get it if he stays and it is pissing you off.

Kick him out, accept the loss and move on.

This.

I like money as much as the next man, but what price your stress? I would tell him he has to go or you will be calling the authorities in to physically remove him. But that you would also appreciate the money he owes you! Thank you please and goodbye.

You aren't getting that money if you kick him out but you probably won't get it if he stays and it is pissing you off.

Kick him out, accept the loss and move on.

Exactly. Do this. And if he has a car slash his tires once he leaves as payback.

Â