Manchester United

BOF

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Worst league finish since the 1980s I assume?

89/90 apparently but did win a cup that year

• Thanks 1

On 08/05/2024 at 12:49, The Fun Factory said:

Less than a 30% win percentage in club football management. This would be beautiful.

Hopefully United get it done and contracts signed before the inevitable Euro flop in Germany this summer, we don’t want a knee jerk reaction spoiling his dream or the rest of the English football community either. He could sign for Man U and solve a problem thst the FA are too stupid to realise they’ve go, while hopefully Radcliffe is sufficiently inexperienced in these matters, ie. football to realise what a mistake he’s making. This is a one off chance to make everyone happy, don’t blow it Man U,every one’s a winner!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Hopefully United get it done and contracts signed before the inevitable Euro flop in Germany this summer, we don’t want a knee jerk reaction spoiling his dream or the rest of the English football community either. He could sign for Man U and solve a problem thst the FA are too stupid to realise they’ve go, while hopefully Radcliffe is sufficiently inexperienced in these matters, ie. football to realise what a mistake he’s making. This is a one off chance to make everyone happy, don’t blow it Man U,every one’s a winner!!

Incorrect. Southgate is a fine manager, with the tools to be the next Sir Alex Ferguson. Man United need to snap him up before he inevitably brings football home this summer and wanted by the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern.

Mr Bean Wink Wink GIF - Mr Bean Wink Wink Winking GIFs

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Incorrect. Southgate is a fine manager, with the tools to be the next Sir Alex Ferguson. Man United need to snap him up before he inevitably brings football home this summer and wanted by the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern.

Mr Bean Wink Wink GIF - Mr Bean Wink Wink Winking GIFs

You could be right, hopefully nobody At United reads your clearly insightful non biased comments! 

27 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

TenHag sacked the day before the Cup final 😂

Man U are the new Spurs. 

He wasn't sacked. He will be after the final. Big difference 

Did they do the same with Van Gaal? Sack him no matter the outcome?  At least they're waiting until after the final rather than before it like Spurs 🤣

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Did they do the same with Van Gaal? Sack him no matter the outcome?  At least they're waiting until after the final rather than before it like Spurs 🤣

Yep. Which shows the value of the FA Cup nowadays. The famous Fergie win in 1990 would nowadays result in a sacking off.  If you ask me the last 5 winners of the Cup I would struggle to remember any of them.

They will get battered anyway on Saturday but I think the problems at United are more than just the manager.

• Like 2

He should let the players take the couple of days before the final off. Drive to London themselves, arrive 20 mins before kickoff is ok. Starting 11 and positions picked out of a hat.

Obviously the sensible decision, though of course it's disappointing that at least this chapter of the comedy is drawing to a close. Undoubtedly had some tough cards to play at times with the Ronaldo situation, the Greenwood situation, and their (genuine) injury crisis this season, but he handled the Greenwood one immorally and the injury crisis by refusing to adapt to their circumstances in any meaningful way, so no real sympathy from me. 

I would assume he'll have known he's leaving for a few weeks, what has happened today is the story leaking, not the actual decision. 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

He should let the players take the couple of days before the final off. Drive to London themselves, arrive 20 mins before kickoff is ok. Starting 11 and positions picked out of a hat.

Insist the keeper plays rushback. 

• Like 1

Â