Manchester United

BOF

Another anonymous performance from Pogba who offers nothing when your team doesn't have the ball, apart from the odd petulant foul. PSG weren't great but they bossed the midfield with Herrera chasing shadows and Matic a statue. It was always going to happen but once you take out their counter attacking threat and goalkeeper there's nothing left. Their defence and midfield are both poor. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Another anonymous performance from Pogba 

Bit harsh.

Just the 8 goals and 5 assists in the 8 league games since Solksjaer took over.

I think Mourinho has a lot to answer for for Pogba's form over the past year. Of course Pogba takes some of the blame too.

He might be a bit overhyped but he's still an excellent player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

He might be a bit overhyped but he's still an excellent player.

He's only excellent when it's easy. When your team is on top and you don't need to defend or dig in he'll show for the ball and have a big impact. When things are hard and you need players to press, tackle and put in a high work rate then he's no where to be seen. He's Man Utd's version of mesut ósil. He only likes playing football when it's easy and he's better than everyone else. When he has to work he's not arsed, has the talent but not the application. He also offers zero leadership and is actively a liability in games like last night's. Getting sent off summed up his attitude. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Personally, I cannot stand the guy and how he applys/conducts himself.

Imo he's a complete dick.

So a bit like 99.99% of all top footballers then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep unfortunately he has a brand to sell to a younger audience, pretty much means he's a massive prick, see also neymar and bless him j lingz gives it a good go

Seen a fair few utd fans unimpressed with mbappe "he's not better than rashford" sorry but not a **** chance!! I like rashford but mbappe is a different gravy

Also seen a fair few pundits bigging up marquinhos performance as a holding midfielder, great player but I thought he would be a weak link in there 

I think he's as good as you can expect a guy his age to be, injuries, inevitable loss of a yard, positional tweaks, defenders knowing him more etc etc means he might never hit the top top levels by the time he starts to mature but right now I dont see what more could be expected of him 

I think Mbappe will be more closer to Ronaldo and Messi levels in years to come than Neymar ever got to. He seems a level headed lad and will work on his game. Last night was probably the first time he played as a lone striker in a big game

Also saw a list of stadiums he has scored at so not he just racking in the goals vs teams like Angers and Caen.

Edited by Zatman

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

For all the hype a player like Rashford gets you can really see his true level when pitted against Mbappe. 

I think that's a bit unfair.

Rashford is a good talent, Mbappe is just a monster. No young players currently comes close to him. Mbappe's pace is terrifying.

• Like 1

I thought it was a decent showing all things considered.  Remember United have been in the doldrums for years now.  Of course PSG were going to beat them.  PSG are genuine CL contenders.  It would have been a miracle and a bit of a disgrace had United beaten them.  A few months ago they were battling Bournemouth for 7th place in the league.  Now they know what they need to do.  OGS needs a few transfer windows to undo the rot and the not-inconsiderable waste.  Once the pace left the pitch; as my mate put it; Mata, Sanchez and Lukaku possibly the slowest front line in (top level) European football.  As slow as wind erosion.

• Like 1

Â