Manchester United

BOF

If I were Everton I'd be phoning up Moyes this morning

"Hello"

"Oh yeah, hi is that David? Yeah, remember how pissy you got when Man City were offering really low bids for Lescott?"

"Erm... Yes?"

*click*

• Like 3

While it is very cynical I don't understand the shock at the bid Utd have made, Moyes is hoping Baines and Fellaini have had a good read of that Gobby Savage article on the beeb site this week and make things uncomfortable for Everton knowing there's interest and I'm guessing the £28m figure was one carefully selected by a man who has in depth knowledge of that club's finances.

Sure it makes Moyes a hypocrite but his job is now doing what's best for Utd, not doing good by his former employer.

The Baines bid is laughable...they bid 12m for him in July which was rejected out of hand so they've come back 6 weeks later and bid......exactly the same.

I think both players will be good pick ups for them in the premier league (Evra has been in decline for years now imo and Fellani would stand up to Yaya Toure) but can't see them doing much in the champions league.

I get the feeling the really big hitters from around the world are watching on and waiting to see if Moyes can actually win anything this season. If he does I think they'll sign a big player or two next summer.

The more I see of Moyes, the less convinced he'll do well at Utd, he seems to be completely out of his depth. Said today that there probably won't be anymore signings this summer, and it just smacks of mind-games that aren't working to me. Surely with Utd's budget he could buy at least one player to improve their squad? Thought he'd be a good fit but think he'll come up short against Chelsea, City and in the Champions League. Mourinho will get the better of him in the mind games, and will win the league comfortably.

The more I see of Moyes, the less convinced he'll do well at Utd, he seems to be completely out of his depth. Said today that there probably won't be anymore signings this summer, and it just smacks of mind-games that aren't working to me. Surely with Utd's budget he could buy at least one player to improve their squad? Thought he'd be a good fit but think he'll come up short against Chelsea, City and in the Champions League. Mourinho will get the better of him in the mind games, and will win the league comfortably.

Wow, that was quick?

Smashed Wigan in the Community Shield and won 4-1 away to Swansea, a game many told they were going to lose because they have a new manager.

Maybe the team is the most important thing after all? They still have players like de Gea, Vidic, Carrick and Van Persie, it's not like they have Heitinga, Pienaar and Anichebe.

No doubt Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world alongside a few elite others, but they all started somewhere as well. If managers like Moyes are not given an opportunity, you might as well just shut the whole sport down. He has done brilliantly with Everton for a decade, showing consistency no other club without finances can talk about.

Probably will not be any signigs? Gee, I wonder why a manager says something like that - and excuse me, was he the first one to say something like that? You have mind-games and you have those who couldn't give a damn, and please let Mourinho do his own thing on his own. Managers have become smarter in terms of these things, when you don't have suckers like Benitez and Mancini biting everyone's tail. As for Mancini, don't think he has shown any better than Moyes but he won the league with Man City. So Moyes can do the same, even though no-one can follow Fergie to a satisfactory degree.

We as Villa-fans at least should have some sympathy for Moyes before writing him off, the game is not only for the elite people like Mourinho and Guardiola after all. 

We can only hope like the house of usher, Manchester United will collapse on itself in a orgy of bitterness and remorse. I am still waiting.

Depends what you mean collapse, they're not going to get relegated like in the 70s and they've had trophyless seasons under Fergie.

In modern football it would have to be them missing out on the champions league one year, we've seen It happen with Liverpool who were regulars for quite a while and then they missed out in 09/10 and haven't been close since. Could the same happened to United, I doubt it but that would be the modern day collapse really.

He's turned into a hypocritical bellend already, with no respect for his former club.

He said something along the lines of 'they should let them go if they want to leave/do what is in the player's interest'

How many times did he try to stop players leaving Everton? What is he doing with Rooney right now?

He is getting paid a lot of money to do what is right for Manchester United. Previously he was getting paid a lot of money to do what was right for Everton.  I can't see where the inconsistency is myself. 

• Like 1

He is getting paid a lot of money to do what is right for Manchester United. Previously he was getting paid a lot of money to do what was right for Everton.  I can't see where the inconsistency is myself.

I agree with this and I don't think there is any inconsistency. If I was a United fan though I'd be more concerned that Moyes was making bids that he has to have known would fail. He knows roughly what Everton value those players at and all he will have achieved was to make Martinez more resolute. Similar to what Arsenal would have done with their 40m+1 bid for Suarez. It would make me think Moyes has no real intention of spending money. The fact he has since come out in a press conference and acknowledged the possibility that they'll sign no-one in this window strengthens the rumours that United in fact haven't a pot to piss in.

Â