Manchester United

BOF

United have always over-performed over the past 27 years, and it's been down to Fergie. They've won the Champions league with players like Wes Brown, Owen Hargreaves, Jesper Blomvqist and Andy Cole, players with no right to even be in the competition, let alone winning it. On paper, they're marginally better than Arsenal, and nowhere near the standards of Man City or Chelsea. Moyes is going to have to seriously over-achieve if United are to retain their league crown.

Agree with that. Although Hargreaves doesn't deserve to be in that group of players IMO.

Or Andy Cole.

Although David May most certainly does.

No.

But he has been consistent with Everton 

Yeah but you can say Gregory was consistent with us. I mean he got us to a FA Cup Final as well- though it wasnt worth the effort mind you. It didn't mean that he deserved a big job. In fact he went to Derby I think. Be interesting to see what happens this season.

Papillon has nailed it.

United have had a huge weakness in central midfield for years but have always masked that through the genius of Ferguson.

Milner was hand made for em, still is IMO

• Like 1

I think Everton will suffer far more from the loss of Moyes than Man U will for having him.

Perhaps, but it's all relative. For United to drop 1 or 2 places is a disaster as they're used to winning stuff. Whereas Everton go from 'not winning stuff' to 'not winning stuff'.

I think Everton will suffer far more from the loss of Moyes than Man U will for having him.

Perhaps, but it's all relative. For United to drop 1 or 2 places is a disaster as they're used to winning stuff. Whereas Everton go from 'not winning stuff' to relegation under Martinez.

fixed for you ;)

Edited by Zatman

I can't see it being that drastic and I sincerely hope it isn't that drastic for them. I see them becoming midtable over time. This season I'd still have them just below the elite as has been their place for a while now.

Nicky Butt's a good example of an average player made to look good at Man. United ever through good management or the quality that surrounded them. Was a regular in the SHA and Newcastle teams that were relegated.

was also Pele choice for best player of 2002 World Cup

As good a player as Pele was, he chats out of his arse. Nicky Butt was not the best player at the 2002 world cup. That accolade goes to either Ronaldo, Rivaldo or Oliver Kahn who saved Germany in all their knock out games. Does he seriously think Butt was better then Ronaldo in that world cup? If he had said best England player at that world cup, then maybe that would of made more sense.

just been looking at RedCafe to see what they're saying about Fellani and guess who randomly pops up?.....GlastonSpur. Who's byline under his name is "Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum."

:crylaugh:

I knew he hung out over there (he sees Man U as Spurs rivals now  :rolleyes:) but I didn't realise he had that tagline :P

Â