Manchester United

BOF

Just now, Mic09 said:

Call me uninformed, but what are they protesting exactly?

Their transfer money is judge, they get top managers that they quickly sack, they have massive sponsorship deals, they will be in yet another European final...

Sport wise, what exactly is wrong on the red side of Manchester?

They’re not winning as many trophies as they are used to.

Yes there were protests when they took over, I remember that. Struggling to remember how often the protests occurred back when they were winning things but still under the same tyrannical rule ten years ago.

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Call me uninformed, but what are they protesting exactly?

Their transfer money is judge, they get top managers that they quickly sack, they have massive sponsorship deals, they will be in yet another European final...

Sport wise, what exactly is wrong on the red side of Manchester?

Nothing wrong they’ve spent almost a billion on transfers over the last 6 seasons, Judging by the protests today I’d swear they had Doug Ellis a owner of the club! 

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If this was a protest just about the ESL then they would have my full backing (minus the violence from a few idiots).

One billion pounds in transfers. Let that sink in. They are so far up their own backsides its incredible 

They ain't spent a penny on the ground, you ever been there, it's a shit hole. Now Man City up the rode and the surrounding areas, that's investment.

• Like 2

This is a tricky one. The Glazers have spent a lot of money on transfers, however they've taken a lot out of the club too.

Gary Neville made a good point earlier today as well. There's been no improvements or servicing of Old Trafford, with some of it in need of repair. The training ground hasn't been updated, and unlike some of the other top European clubs there's been no improvement to the area immediately outside the ground.

Undoubtedly the ESL was the tipping point; it's pretty clear the Yanks owners along with Perez were the ones pushing it.

That being said, the attempts to stop the game with protests should not have lead to a break in at ground. In my opinion, the act undermines the process. Although it will greatly annoy the owners of both clubs, the advertisers, and sky. I'm conflicted tbh.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I hate Man U as much as the next guy and yes a few idiots did a few idiot things but I can feel for the majority of those fans who love their club.  Owned by the Glazers and the final straw was the ESL which we can agree on.  

Don’t deserve points deduction and I stand with the majority of their fans because we’ve been there for different reasons and glad they are standing up to the ESL as well.

Totally agree, they have a right to whinge and moan about their owners and yes the ESL was a mistake and not the fans fault either. 

Getting a match postponed when clubs have battled and battled to get matches played is unforgivable. I have zero sympathy for people who break into a ground and put people at risk. They now have another fixture to fit in to an already cluttered schedule.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I love views, debate, discussion, other opinions and involved elsewhere in other topics but people with agendas and trolling impact the enjoyment of some websites for a lot of people.

If what I have said is trolling then so be it. Breaking into a ground and getting a match postponed cos you aint happy that your neighbours are several years ahead of you is childish. Yes the owners are Representatives for Wellingborough, find a legal way to moan about it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

If what I have said is trolling then so be it. Breaking into a ground and getting a match postponed cos you aint happy that your neighbours are several years ahead of you is childish. Yes the owners are Representatives for Wellingborough, find a legal way to moan about it

Disagreeing with someone elses opinion is not trolling. Too many sensitive souls throwing toys out of the pram

• Haha 1

Woodward is or was a huge problem for them because he's very good at his day job, their partnership deals are mind blowing

Problem being his day job should never have been chief of football 

Its almost like he was so good at the one thing that he bullied his way in to doing the other

If you were to pinpoint the decline of man utd it would be him that would be top of my list not the glazers - and to be honest the natural decline following the retirement of fergie would be ahead of the glazers too

19 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Disagreeing with someone elses opinion is not trolling. Too many sensitive souls throwing toys out of the pram

Ohh it is, go and have a look in the Dean Smith thread😂

57 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If this was a protest just about the ESL then they would have my full backing (minus the violence from a few idiots).

One billion pounds in transfers. Let that sink in. They are so far up their own backsides its incredible 

Not just the transfer fees, wages on free agents like Zlatan, Cavani, Sanchez will also be massive.

I’m not quite sure what they have to complain about in how their club is being run (if they want to be realistic).

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ohh it is, go and have a look in the Dean Smith thread😂

they're just a little tired of your constant complaining sir ;)

• Like 1

As if their owners haven't  embarrassed  the club enough the fans have had a go as well.

The club should be heavily fined and the fans banned from the ground,  they have their pictures. 

Be interesting  to see the media's reaction  to it all and compare it to when villa fans invaded the pitch to celebrate  a last minute  winner against West brom....."the dark days returning to football "

Â