Manchester United

BOF

On 17/05/2021 at 08:13, delboy54 said:

Morning all..

I have attached a list of all the honours that man yoo have won since the Glazers took over in 2005......remind me what are their scum fans demonstrating about ...?

1867556726_manyoo.PNG.5bae8461fb5152a53c9db1352c9cda39.PNG

Well, two things to bear in mind about this:

1 - Fergie left 8 seasons ago, and since then they have 'only' won 6 trophies. I know, I know, diddums, we've only won a playoff final in that period. But that's a pretty huge slowdown - your chart shows they won 21 trophies in the previous 8 seasons.

2 - I don't think it has ever just been about winning things. The financial arrangements of the takeover are not beneficial for United, though their size means they can mostly cope; the owners have failed to invest in the ground and some other parts of the club; and the owners are just generally scumbags of the sort you wouldn't want to be associated with.

I don't feel sorry for them, obviously. But I don't think their distaste for the Glazers is inexplicable or wholly without merit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Really became a gud ebening!

Thanks Unai. Always liked you.

like him so much to abuse him

Funny when your hero Bielsa doesnt even speak English

• Haha 4

As always under Ole, they stunk it out. Hope he stays forever.

They get given 25 pens a season and have most 50/50 decisions go their way.

They'll be further than 12 points from the title next season.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Ole's in line for a new deal before Ed departs.
I don't see Chelsea, Real Madrid and the like dishing out new deals after 3 seasons of zero trophies.

Joke of a club.

Football is pretty shit these days really, isn’t it?

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Football is pretty shit these days really, isn’t it?

I dunno, Man u cheered me up no end yesterday. De Gea could still be trying and he wouldn’t have saved a penalty. Ahahahaha. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ole is OK, he's a company man who's not going to throw him toys out the pram or complain if he doesn't get astronomical funds because he's very grateful to be in his dream job. He's probably a nice guy and well liked among the players because he's not one to be too stern or demand too much.

Perfect for owners of a club that is no longer aiming to be the best in the world and for players who are not dedicated enough to be the best they can be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't see Chelsea, Real Madrid and the like dishing out new deals after 3 seasons of zero trophies.

Joke of a club.

Mental that the owners would let the outgoing vice chairman make that kind of move, must be backed and agreed by more members of the board but still new guy comes in and is stuck with that? Seems daft 

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Ole is OK, he's a company man who's not going to throw him toys out the pram or complain if he doesn't get astronomical funds because he's very grateful to be in his dream job. 

He's the Gareth Southgate of club football. 

Never going to win anything, makes unbelievably naive decisions. Generally does just about what he needs with good resources. 

Safe pair of hands. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Never going to win anything, makes unbelievably naive decisions. Generally does just about what he needs with good resources. 

Safe pair of hands. 

Attacking individual talent gets him out of the shit 

Cavani nearly did it last night

Kane will nearly do it at the euros 

13 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Safe pair of hands. 

Dunno, I think Man Utd could absolutely win something under Solskjaer. They came incredibly close this season.

Generally, they’re moving in the right direction. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Dunno, I think Man Utd could absolutely win something under Solskjaer. They came incredibly close this season.

Generally, they’re moving in the right direction. 

They've only been to 1 European semi-final since 2011, which was 2017 when they won the Europa League. It's 2 in 2 years now and 1 final. They're getting close.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Joke of a club.

Their owners look at top 4 as a trophy. So for them that is huge success.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

How well do you know the Glazers? 

They have sacked every manager when it's been mathematically impossible to reach top 4.

Do you not notice a pattern here?

They are run like a business and the CL money pot is instrumental for them. More important than winning trophies.

Van Gaal got sacked after winning the FA Cup

Edited by villalad21

Â