Manchester United

BOF

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Was it yourself who said he’s been diabolical for half a decade but has still won more trophies than half the teams in the league in their entire history?

No.

4 trophies in last 7 years so not terrible but only one more than his great friend Arsene Wenger won in similar timeframe...

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

No.

4 trophies in last 7 years so not terrible but only one more than his great friend Arsene Wenger won in similar timeframe...

2015: Premier League & League Cup

2016: Community Shield

2017: League Cup & Europa League.

A few nice days out there for the fans. Jose was clearly trolling Wenger and trying to get under his skin.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Probably because he's not very good. 

The results suggest otherwise. A week or so I checked the possession stats as people on here suggested all they can do is just sit back and counter attack and do nothing else. They averaged about 66% possession over the previous 12 games and have scored more premier league goals than anyone else.

If people don’t like him, or resent the fact he got a huge job so early in his career then it’s fine. Making up rubbish to discredit how he’s got on as United manager so far is silly.

Edited by Genie

Ole on TV claiming Utd aren't getting penalties since there was discussion about amount of penalties they've been getting up until about a month ago. Hypocrisy. Utd have been given the most amount of dodgy penalties in the last 18 months above any other team.

This also flies in the face of the amount of dodgy challenges Maguire gets away with in the box when defending set pieces. 

14 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Ole on TV claiming Utd aren't getting penalties since there was discussion about amount of penalties they've been getting up until about a month ago. Hypocrisy. Utd have been given the most amount of dodgy penalties in the last 18 months above any other team.

This also flies in the face of the amount of dodgy challenges Maguire gets away with in the box when defending set pieces. 

Better still he was quoted as saying “He [the referee] had the chance to give it but I can't understand it, it would've given us a 1-0 win or it opens up the game and it's a better game for everyone.”  

Maybe we should just award Man United a celebratory penalty each match for a ‘better game for everyone’. 

Is it just me? But it was not a pen, looks like it brushes both players arm/hand as they’re both running away from the goal with a Chelsea penalty box packed full of defenders. Do people really want to see penalties for such incidences. Could maybe understand it if it was Greenwood through on goal.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Better still he was quoted as saying “He [the referee] had the chance to give it but I can't understand it, it would've given us a 1-0 win or it opens up the game and it's a better game for everyone.”  

Maybe we should just award Man United a celebratory penalty each match for a ‘better game for everyone’. 

Is it just me? But it was not a pen, looks like it brushes both players arm/hand as they’re both running away from the goal with a Chelsea penalty box packed full of defenders. Do people really want to see penalties for such incidences. Could maybe understand it if it was Greenwood through on goal.

Ole does this a lot, as it generally works and keeps pressure on the officials to give them stuff. He should be told to stop doing it tbh. I’m not sure how he gets away with talking about the officiating when others get punished.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ole does this a lot, as it generally works and keeps pressure on the officials to give them stuff. He should be told to stop doing it tbh. I’m not sure how he gets away with talking about the officiating when others get punished.

Even more so, a few of the players have been saying that ref said that he could not give the penalty because of the controversy he’ll get after match. If that’s not bringing officiating into disrepute I do not know what is.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

36 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

They got one v Newcastle just last weekend!

Seems they had a good shout today with handball but Chelsea had one of the most clear all season not given at OT in that 0-0 so balanced out there.

• Like 1

Â