Manchester United

BOF

7 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

But isn't point deductions punishment for owners even more? Potentially missing out on championship/Europe, therefore less money. Fans will turn on them even more so.

But how do the fans then protest knowing if they do it again they’ll be punished while the owners that don’t even go to the game since 2017 care? Punishment is more for the fans...

9 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

You and I know if this is for  smaller EFL club this would have be treated a bit more differently by the likes of Carra and Neville. 

I completely agree but that doesn’t make what the Glazers do and also the ESL is the right thing.

11 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Not sure if the crime was for the protest, but I would say the crime was storming inside an mostly empty stadium with covid restriction  still in place. What is a normal punishment when fans forces game to be abandon?

I just the focus now is going to be on the idiots and not the vast majority of fans message and Glazers can get away with it.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

What’s the big deal??? Seriously? 

How many people, staff and other agencies are needed to put on a premier league match? The cost  is large and logistics complex but sod it, some morons are whining because their billionaire owners are billionaire enough and they haven’t won anything for a long time so that’s ok - boo effing hoo. 

Forfeiting the game would hurt the owners and fans alike. Suitable punishment in my opinion but nothing will happen to the club of any great consequence. 

Yeah still not a big deal.  Those individuals still get paid and will be paid again when rescheduled.  The cost will be at the club/owners expense, so yeah not a big deal.

some morons whining? I guess you miss the message of the majority of their fans protesting and are focusing on the idiots again....just like Jones on Sky.  Glad Carragher (who I’m not a fan of) said it perfectly.

What are the actual rules regarding being unable to fulfil a fixture? Is it just forfeit and 3-0 to the other side?

This situation should just be handled like any other game would be in the English leagues. It won't because it's Man It's and Liverpool but it should be.

Interesting that one of the papers today said that United's primary sponsor are said to be seething about the way in which the ESL incident and fan protests devalues the deal they've signed with their brand.

I would imagine that the biggest shareholder in the company that signed that £750m deal with United is particularly unhappy to have discovered about their plans given that he's Nassef Sawiris.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I hate Man U as much as the next guy and yes a few idiots did a few idiot things but I can feel for the majority of those fans who love their club.  Owned by the Glazers and the final straw was the ESL which we can agree on.  

Don’t deserve points deduction and I stand with the majority of their fans because we’ve been there for different reasons and glad they are standing up to the ESL as well.

The glazers. Awful owners spending a billion pounds on transfers over the last 10 years. Utd fans are the most entitled arseholes around. Points deduction and european fan for the words removed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The glazers. Awful owners spending a billion pounds on transfers over the last 10 years. Utd fans are the most entitled arseholes around. Points deduction and european fan for the words removed

Jesus wept! I knew why I decided to leave this board a week ago.  Silly me for coming back on hoping my fellow villa were supporting other fans, guess I was wrong to come back on tonight and right to leave the board a week ago!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

What are the actual rules regarding being unable to fulfil a fixture? Is it just forfeit and 3-0 to the other side?

The key is in "being unable to fulfil a fixture".

For example, there was a concert not too long ago where it snowed heavily on the day, the police advised people not to travel but refused to insist that the concert was cancelled as they didn't want the negative press. The venue didn't want to pay out on their insurances, so they put pressure on the band to cancel the show, the band refused, because their insurers wanted the venue to pay out, and because if they played the gig they'd be paid by the record company - in the end with neither side standing down the gig went ahead with about 15% attendance, people were furious, many couldn't get home and the band blamed the venue in the press thereafter.

Behind the scenes in Manchester right now, the League, the TV companies and the police will have lawyers making sure it's absolutely clear who called the game off and why, the pressure will most likely fall on the police - if United called it off, they'll be punished, if the league called it off they'll owe money to Sky - I think it's really unlikely that either United or the Premier League will take responsibility for calling off the game and it'll rest with the police, but I can guarantee there's a bloke from an insurance company with a sweat on right now.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Jesus wept! I knew why I decided to leave this board a week ago.  Silly me for coming back on hoping my fellow villa were supporting other fans, guess I was wrong to come back on tonight and right to leave the board a week ago!

Silly indeed. A forum is all about opinion but if you don’t like reading others views then take another sabbatical. 

shame you feel that way though. 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Silly indeed. A forum is all about opinion but if you don’t like reading others views then take another sabbatical. 

shame you feel that way though. 

I love views, debate, discussion, other opinions and involved elsewhere in other topics but people with agendas and trolling impact the enjoyment of some websites for a lot of people.

• Haha 1

Guest av1

My gf hates everything about football, she’s the sort of person that moans and leaves the room when I watch it. Even she was watching sky today when I explained what it was all about. Whether or not you agree with it, this is huge. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I love views, debate, discussion, other opinions and involved elsewhere in other topics but people with agendas and trolling impact the enjoyment of some websites for a lot of people.

Who is trolling with an agenda?!? 

if it is impacting your enjoyment then take a break from it.

I rarely venture beyond Off Topic nowadays...

• Like 1

Guest av1
3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

100%. I was accused yesterday of not liking different views because I called out a troll in the match thread. Opinions and posting for a response are two totally different things.

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Who is trolling with an agenda?!? 

In some of the On Topic stuff.  I will mainly just be Off Topic if I do come on now

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

In some of the On Topic stuff.  I will mainly just be Off Topic if I do come on now

Shame if you stop posting. I agree with some of the On Topic (and match thread) content though. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What? You're unhappy because i think united fans are entitled? 

21 minutes ago, av1 said:

My gf hates everything about football, she’s the sort of person that moans and leaves the room when I watch it. Even she was watching sky today when I explained what it was all about. Whether or not you agree with it, this is huge. 

Don't disagree that it's huge 

Just think that the ESL and everything it represents is the long awaited cherry on top after 30 years of watching money dominate football

And for 20 years it was man utds money 

So no I don't have an ounce of sympathy for their fans 

Â