Manchester United

BOF

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Yes they where the first to do it, poaching Cole and Yorke then a massive fee at the time for Wayne Rooney, and Veron they created the blueprint

Don’t forget £30m for a centreback 18 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

All probably been staged by the club, poor us, the fans have already punished us, no further action required, scum.

If so, fair enough (no blame on the fans) but if not then there's gonna be a few P45s heading to the security team, even if they were threatened. 

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

If so, fair enough (no blame on the fans) but if not then there's gonna be a few P45s heading to the security team, even if they were threatened. 

I know, how embarrassing for the them stewards lol 

All these clubs around the country that are on their arses cos of covid and these scallys have broken into a ground and are protesting against owners they don't like.

Hopefully a points deduction will be forthcoming and removal from any European qualification for next season. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

All these clubs around the country that are on their arses cos of covid and these scallys have broken into a ground and are protesting against owners they don't like.

Hopefully a points deduction will be forthcoming and removal from any European qualification for next season. 

I hate Man U as much as the next guy and yes a few idiots did a few idiot things but I can feel for the majority of those fans who love their club.  Owned by the Glazers and the final straw was the ESL which we can agree on.  

Don’t deserve points deduction and I stand with the majority of their fans because we’ve been there for different reasons and glad they are standing up to the ESL as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

40 point deduction is only fair

Joking aside there must be some tangible punishment for failing to host the game. If it wasn’t Liverpool as the opponents I’d suggest they forfeit the 3 points. 

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I hate Man U as much as the next guy and yes a few idiots did a few idiot things but I can feel for the majority of those fans who love their club.  Owned by the Glazers and the final straw was the ESL which we can agree on.  

Don’t deserve points deduction and I stand with the majority of their fans because we’ve been there for different reasons and glad they are standing up to the ESL as well.

I don't think you do hate them as much as the next guy 😉

It doesn't help that part of my belief, all this greed, all this money, the sponsors the partners, FFP, all these football club business models all stems from utds global expansion in the 90s, a huge chunk of what modern football is is because of them, laporta even said as much, the slippery slopebtonthos bullshit is because of man utd, they benefitted from it for 2 decades, let them suffer from it now

**** them and their fans 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Joking aside there must be some tangible punishment for failing to host the game. If it wasn’t Liverpool as the opponents I’d suggest they forfeit the 3 points. 

Yeah hurt the fans again 🙄

Why not target the owners instead.  

If you deduct, you harm the owners slightly but more the fans who then are basically being told they can’t protest because it will hurt the team thus benefitting the owners because they can do what they want knowing their fans won’t protest in the future in case they lose points.  Talk about the wrong penalty for the crime.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If you deduct, you harm the owners slightly but more the fans who then are basically being told they can’t protest because it will hurt the team thus benefitting the owners because they can do what they want knowing their fans won’t protest in the future in case they lose points.  Talk about the wrong penalty for the crime.

No it shouldn't be punished by point deduction normally.

But in Man Utd's case i would make an exception for altentative reasons.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, nick76 said:

Hurt the ‘fans’??? It was the fans that caused the postponement and the club failed to prevent it happening.

Theres nothing wrong with protesting but they took it too far today...

I would have zero sympathy for the fans if a punishment of forfeiting the game was handed out.

it’s a moot point as nothing will happen as it’s ManUre. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

But isn't point deductions punishment for owners even more? Potentially missing out on championship/Europe, therefore less money. Fans will turn on them even more so. Not sure if the crime was for the protest, but I would say the crime was storming inside an mostly empty stadium with covid restriction  still in place. What is a normal punishment when fans forces game to be abandon?

You and I know if this is for  smaller EFL club this would have be treated a bit more differently by the likes of Carra and Neville. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think you do hate them as much as the next guy 😉

It doesn't help that part of my belief, all this greed, all this money, the sponsors the partners, FFP, all these football club business models all stems from utds global expansion in the 90s, a huge chunk of what modern football is is because of them, laporta even said as much, the slippery slopebtonthos bullshit is because of man utd, they benefitted from it for 2 decades, let them suffer from it now

**** them and their fans 

Yeah the glory fans I agree but there are many many fans like you and me that travel the country and loving our team morning, noon and night for all our lives.  I have friends all around the country who support various teams like I do Villa and I feel their pain when they go through as they do my pain when we go through stuff.  I agree the football model has exploded in the last 30 years but a lot of us fans are still the same.  Yes some clubs have done very well from it like Man U, City and Chelsea but that’s not the individual fans fault that were there before this or who are true supporters and not glory/fair weather supporters.  We want our football back, we want our clubs back and this ESL has pushed it too far and fans are rebelling....I stand with them all, whatever club.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Hurt the ‘fans’??? It was the fans that caused the postponement and the club failed to prevent it happening.

Theres nothing wrong with protesting but they took it too far today...

I would have zero sympathy for the fans if a punishment of forfeiting the game was handed out.

it’s a moot point as nothing will happen as it’s ManUre. 

So a game is postponed, what’s the big deal? Some idiots took it took far I agree but the message was right.  The problem, as Carragher said, is the focus in the media now and it seems some other fans, is on the idiot side and not the message the vast majority of fans was trying to portray.  Every protest has idiots who the police should deal with but the focus now should be on the message from the vast majority.

owners punished but not the team.  If you don’t agree with that, that’s your choice.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

So a game is postponed, what’s the big deal? Some idiots took it took far I agree but the message was right.  The problem, as Carragher said, is the focus in the media now and it seems some other fans, is on the idiot side and not the message the vast majority of fans was trying to portray.  Every protest has idiots who the police should deal with but the focus now should be on the message from the vast majority.

owners punished but not the team.  If you don’t agree with that, that’s your choice.

What’s the big deal??? Seriously? 

How many people, staff and other agencies are needed to put on a premier league match? The cost  is large and logistics complex but sod it, some morons are whining because their billionaire owners are billionaire enough and they haven’t won anything for a long time so that’s ok - boo effing hoo. 

Forfeiting the game would hurt the owners and fans alike. Suitable punishment in my opinion but nothing will happen to the club of any great consequence. 

• Like 1

Â