VillaGoMarching

On 04/09/2022 at 12:45, Demitri_C said:

Thats what i thought. Surely that should be taken off. Would have bene interested to see if that was his second yellow what they would have done? Can this scenario happening one day. Something new for them to cause controversially 

I still dont get why shirt removal is a bloody yellow. Its passion

It's not "passion", it's just idiots wanting to show their abs. Give them a straight red.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

but VAR means the play was dead so effectively they pull the game back and therefore the offence shouldn't exist

another example would be a hand ball on the line, defender is sent off, VAR rules it offside, the red card would be rescinded because the offside happened before the hand ball offence, here it happened before the shirt removal offence

Doesn't it depend on the type of offense? Or at least it should.

Dangerous play like a potential leg breaking challenge would be a red card even if there was then deemed to be an offside before it happened, whereas a handball like you say wouldn't. Removing the shirt if more like the former, at least in terms of disciplinary action - you can't do it, doesn't matter if the ball is in play (in fact, it isn't after players score).

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Doesn't it depend on the type of offense? Or at least it should.

Dangerous play like a potential leg breaking challenge would be a red card even if there was then deemed to be an offside before it happened, whereas a handball like you say wouldn't. Removing the shirt if more like the former, at least in terms of disciplinary action - you can't do it, doesn't matter if the ball is in play (in fact, it isn't after players score).

How did they manage pickfords tackle on VVD? Wasn't that VAR and overturned? 

If it was a punch or blatant violent conduct then yeah I'd imagine the red would stand but it's been said before with this prolonged period before the lino flags what would they do if someone offside with a delayed flag going up was smashed with a leg breaker? Not happened yet I dont think 

Just now, villa4europe said:

How did they manage pickfords tackle on VVD? Wasn't that VAR and overturned? 

If it was a punch or blatant violent conduct then yeah I'd imagine the red would stand but it's been said before with this prolonged period before the lino flags what would they do if someone offside with a delayed flag going up was smashed with a leg breaker? Not happened yet I dont think 

Well that should’ve been a red in anyone’s book besides the officials on the day! I don’t know what the actual rules are though.

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Well that should’ve been a red in anyone’s book besides the officials on the day! I don’t know what the actual rules are though.

Honest neither have I

Trying to find precedent and hope for the best... Thats what football has become 

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

but VAR means the play was dead so effectively they pull the game back and therefore the offence shouldn't exist

another example would be a hand ball on the line, defender is sent off, VAR rules it offside, the red card would be rescinded because the offside happened before the hand ball offence, here it happened before the shirt removal offence

Yes thats my thoughts too

• 4 weeks later...

Selling the naming rights for the stadium to Google apparently. That stadium is a real cash cow. They probably made more money in the stadium from those 2 NFL games than we make from a whole season of PL football in ours :( 

Edited by sne

37 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Chromcasts, phones, nest and few other gadgets not just a search engine?

Too late for Stadia? 😬

If it was the chromecast stadium etc I could understand it but just outright Google Stadium I cant

Would be brilliant for spurs though obviously, not just the money but huge publicity for them, that's the kind of thing where you used to be able to joke that spurs were the odd one out with the ESL 6 but they are that big

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Surprised by that, what do Google need to advertise? 

That's not why companies like this advertise. The Staples Center wasn't called that in case anyone forgot which shop to buy office supplies from. 

Yeah it's not really advertising. It's brand association at that level.

Google will want to be associated with a state of the art venue plus a potentially huge football team. Same reason a company as big as DHL sponsors Man Utd's training kit

• Like 1

It's so funny how many direct free kicks Kane takes. He scored his first ever one against us (deflected off of Nathan Baker's magnet of a head no less), and ever since then he thought he was Juninho or something. Pretty sure he holds the PL record for most missed free kicks in a row, he was 1 away from equalling the record in March.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

It's so funny how many direct free kicks Kane takes. He scored his first ever one against us (deflected off of Nathan Baker's magnet of a head no less), and ever since then he thought he was Juninho or something. Pretty sure he holds the PL record for most missed free kicks in a row, he was 1 away from equalling the record in March.

Remember when he took all our corners at the Euros?  Baffling.

On 13/10/2022 at 02:21, Keyblade said:

On 13/10/2022 at 03:24, sharkyvilla said:

Remember when he took all our corners at the Euros?  Baffling.

He's a great player no doubt, but he needs someone to tell him 'no' quite regularly. I don't actually think that's mainly his fault, his managers need to impose themselves better. 

• 3 weeks later...

You just get the sense that somethings going on behind the scenes at spurs. Humiliating loss for them tonight. Spurs fans are turning in conte which seems crazy-- i do wonder if he is thinking of walking soon before poch returns

On 12/10/2022 at 02:05, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it's not really advertising. It's brand association at that level.

Google will want to be associated with a state of the art venue plus a potentially huge football team. Same reason a company as big as DHL sponsors Man Utd's training kit

Works both ways.

Once the deal is done, put "spuds" into google and you'll get an image of Kane's big fat head.

Â