VillaGoMarching

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

A 4-0 win away from home, Son combining with Kane, they're two points off Newcastle in 3rd. Honestly, anyone would have thought they were in 15th after the last three days of Discourse. 

It was always gonna be a hiding tonight. I could see spurs doing that.

Its the game vs arsenal that's the big one

Stick a target on these. 

Stadium debt, an unbalanced squad, an unbalanced manager and the likelihood of them falling out of the top four, perhaps for a long while, means they're going to struggle. They might be in a position where they downsize and reduce their ambitions slightly as they lose the income from Champions League qualification (or even from the promise of CL money).

Can they compete with Man City and Newcastle for players? I don't think so. 

Are they a match for the squads at Arsenal and Chelsea? I don't think so.

Can they increase their incomes to match Liverpool and Man Utd? I don't think so.

So what do they do? 

I think CL qualification becomes a rarity for them over the next decade and they get used to becoming a team that live where they lived not too long ago - competing for Europa League qualification and having the odd cup run - that, I think, is the level they're heading to - what's more, I think it's a level we can compete with them at.

If the Qatari's get involved, then Spurs should be saved, they might find themselves in with City and Newcastle - but that will put one of the others in a similar spot - if that's Liverpool or United, I suspect it'll end up with the league pulling itself apart - I think they'll change the rules rather than have those teams lose the game - so, because I want this league to continue and because I want Spurs to return to their more natural state, I'd like that not to happen.

There's a fair cultural jump needs to happen for Qatar to buy Spurs.

A club with strong and celebrated links with the Jewish community owned by a proudly Islamic state is quite a picture.

It'll be interesting to see what their fans make of it.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A club with strong and celebrated links with the Jewish community owned by a proudly Islamic state is quite a picture.

daffy-duck-money.gif

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Stick a target on these. 

Stadium debt, an unbalanced squad, an unbalanced manager and the likelihood of them falling out of the top four, perhaps for a long while, means they're going to struggle. They might be in a position where they downsize and reduce their ambitions slightly as they lose the income from Champions League qualification (or even from the promise of CL money).

Can they increase their incomes to match Liverpool and Man Utd? I don't think so.

So what do they do? 

I think CL qualification becomes a rarity for them over the next decade and they get used to becoming a team that live where they lived not too long ago - competing for Europa League qualification and having the odd cup run - that, I think, is the level they're heading to - what's more, I think it's a level we can compete with them at.

If the Qatari's get involved, then Spurs should be saved, they might find themselves in with City and Newcastle - but that will put one of the others in a similar spot - if that's Liverpool or United, I suspect it'll end up with the league pulling itself apart - I think they'll change the rules rather than have those teams lose the game - so, because I want this league to continue and because I want Spurs to return to their more natural state, I'd like that not to happen.

Clubs funded by states (and a few others) move on to the ESL, feels like it has to happen quite soon. 

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Stick a target on these. 

So what do they do? 

Yes but it's still down to revenue, they are streets ahead of us. Someone mentioned previously that Spurs make more money in their catering than we do in ticket sales. We struggle to serve a pie and pint at half time. The redevelopment will help to close the gap but we will be still 10,000 short and not in London. They got nearly double our crowd over the cup weekend for example.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes but it's still down to revenue, they are streets ahead of us. Someone mentioned previously that Spurs make more money in their catering than we do in ticket sales. We struggle to serve a pie and pint at half time. The redevelopment will help to close the gap but we will be still 10,000 short and not in London. They got nearly double our crowd over the cup weekend for example.

See how well they do after a stint in the championship and a couple of seasons fighting relegation.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Given that Jewish people had to import their kosher dishes during the WC because the state couldn’t guarantee the safety of Jewish people speaks volumes 

The Qataris are looking to buy a club in America too. Las Vegas Villans Qatar…..? 

Pretty sure Qatar, UAE and one or two others ‘normalised’ relations with Israel recently so I don’t think it’d be a major issue with the Qataris investing in Spuds.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

My college is a super-fan, had season ticket for a bunch of years when he lived in London, used to be president of their Swedish fan club...

He absolutely hates it, winning isn't everything.

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont see how its fair to own PSG and spurs (minority  but they will be running the show at spurs)

They will just send each other players for minimal fees its bullshit

Is it any different than us trying to buy a Portuguese club?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Is it any different than us trying to buy a Portuguese club?

Yes because our ownwes are not a state that owns another club that has broken ffp rules we haven't.

And do we even own that club? Can you provide evidence if we have ?

Â