VillaGoMarching

Poch back in the hot seat way before the transfer window ends.

Conte has set his stall out (with an expiring contract) asking for greater investment but we all know no Levy reneges on agreement after agreement with spurzzz employees. 

my money is on a mutual termination by the end of the week and Poch calling the shots again after the FA Cup match. 

It took 20 mins for Kane to get a touch today. That's diabolical. Before today the longest time for him to get a touch was 7 minutes.

How can you have a team that is essentially built around a big clinical striker take nearly a quarter of the match to get the ball to him?

• Like 1

Just now, Chindie said:

It took 20 mins for Kane to get a touch today. That's diabolical. Before today the longest time for him to get a touch was 7 minutes.

How can you have a team that is essentially built around a big clinical striker take nearly a quarter of the match to get the ball to him?

I love the fact our second goal came from Kane being dispossessed of the ball deep in his own half - that’s how desperate he was to get the ball. 

I think they really missed both Bentacaur and Kuvlevski (sp) today but still had more than enough on the pitch to win the game. 

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Poch back in the hot seat way before the transfer window ends.

Conte has set his stall out (with an expiring contract) asking for greater investment but we all know no Levy reneges on agreement after agreement with spurzzz employees. 

my money is on a mutual termination by the end of the week and Poch calling the shots again after the FA Cup match. 

I dont understand why Poch would go back or want to go back after how he was treated the last time. They also lost 13 league games in his last season there so the magic was fading already

It has match made in hell written all over it

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont understand why Poch would go back or want to go back after how he was treated the last time. They also lost 13 league games in his last season there so the magic was fading already

It may well do, but there is no doubt Poch wants the job back.

I think it's amazing and a bit mad that a top six team with lots of good players (including the Son/Kane forward partnership that was the best/most prolific in the PL not long ago) have suddenly now conceded the first goal in their last seven PL matches. And in their last ten in all competitions. Wow. Why have they started games so slowly this season? 

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Either do i. And i dont know why conte took it either. how do spurs manage attract these type of managers ill never know.

I agree with you why would poch go back the way he was treated. 

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Either do i. And i dont know why conte took it either. how do spurs manage attract these type of managers ill never know.

I agree with you why would poch go back the way he was treated. 

I can think of £13million reasons.... Rumoured to be increasing shortly.

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

Both Kane and Son looked traumatised by Thier WC experience, surely it cannot be blame of match fitness you would think they are the one should be kept in a decent enough shape. 

I know we all have different opinions on players, but my word if Ollie and Bailey performed like this they get slaughtered for on here.

3 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Both Kane and Son looked traumatised by Thier WC experience, surely it cannot be blame of match fitness you would think they are the one should be kept in a decent enough shape. 

I know we all have different opinions on players, but my word if Ollie and Bailey performed like this they get slaughtered for on here.

Lloris was another. It now looks a masterstroke keeping Martinez out of the side for a bit longer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I love the fact our second goal came from Kane being dispossessed of the ball deep in his own half - that’s how desperate he was to get the ball. 

I think they really missed both Bentacaur and Kuvlevski (sp) today but still had more than enough on the pitch to win the game. 

Kulusevski, Bentancur and Richarlison all huge misses for them to be fair. Would’ve been a very different game with them playing.

That said, they looked completely flat. The fans were completely flat. Conte was completely flat. They’re going nowhere fast. 

• Like 2

@OutByEaster?asked a question in the pre match thread yesterday regarding the Spurs midfield 2 vs our own. Watching the game I’d go further, take Kane and Son out of that Spurs team and they are absolutely bang average. Which I think is their problem, when those two aren’t on it they offer nothing. 

I know they were missing a few key players yesterday, but watching the game I thought  (aside from Son/Kane) there was probably 2 players at the most that would get into our 11. 

They have serious issues. Can’t see Conte sticking around for too much longer. 

Edited by av1

Reading the reports I couldn't help noticing a begrudging note from the pundits.

For the Buendia goal, they didn't say Luiz hit the ball so hard the goalkeeper couldn't hold it, they called it a mistake.

The post-match reports were all about Spurs' failure than Villa's almost perfect execution of a gameplan.

10 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

For the Buendia goal, they didn't say Luiz hit the ball so hard the goalkeeper couldn't hold it, they called it a mistake.

I agree with the general jist of your post, but come on, it was a fairly tame effort from 30-35 yards. It was a goalkeeping clanger.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kulusevski is on loan still and Romero he had no say in as was agreed before he signed. Spence he didnt want at all and probably not Bissouma either as he doesnt fit the Conte style

They lack a decent ball playing midfielder so badly. Amazed they seemingly passed up on Eriksen and just let him go to Man. United. On a free and eventually played well for Conte at Inter Milan.

Back to where they were two years ago and this time Kane will leave in the summer so given Son is seemingly declining they're going to be very average at the back and upfront soon.

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Havent seen that befoee but Yes that signjng doesnt seen ro be his own, also the fact he is gettjng zero game time would support that.

I do think the big signings like romaro richarlison are conte signings

Perisic was certainly his signing. Bit like Coutinho how motivated will he be next season if Conte isn't there anymore?

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They have a huge home game against arsenal coming up. Thats a must win for them. I think they will win that one and that turns their season around

They've got Man. City twice aswell. Fulham and Palace away are very tricky fixtures for them in their present state so I'd like to think by Jan 31st we'll only be 2-3 points off them.

Â