VillaGoMarching

Rennes match not going to be rescheduled. Spurs needed to win to progress but one option is Rennes being awarded a 3-0 win. UEFA will also look at who made the greatest effort to reschedule the game. Looks like the Spurs ECL fairytale is over though. 

You would have thought they would have tried to figure out if the game was possible to reschedule before they said they couldn't play it and basically take the L and disqualification.

Unless Rennes were very unreasonable about when they could reschedule it.

Are Spurs really that arsed with it though? Might be glad to have fewer games

On 11/12/2021 at 11:35, YLN said:

Rennes match not going to be rescheduled. Spurs needed to win to progress but one option is Rennes being awarded a 3-0 win. UEFA will also look at who made the greatest effort to reschedule the game. Looks like the Spurs ECL fairytale is over though. 

You would have thought they would have tried to figure out if the game was possible to reschedule before they said they couldn't play it and basically take the L and disqualification.

Unless Rennes were very unreasonable about when they could reschedule it.

Are Spurs really that arsed with it though? Might be glad to have fewer games

I think UEFA need the game played before the end of next week as they need to do the draw.  Spurs have 6 games in the next 2 weeks so have no space

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting time at Spurs this transfer window and in the summer. 

Conte, undeniably a great manager, clearly saying they need to bring in players / spend. Levy obviously wont want to spend heavily.

Unlike Poch, Nuno etc he can't throw the manager who has ALWAYS been successful under the bus. If they don't spend in the summer I could see Conte walking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

After traore apparently, if he costs more than £3m he will be overpriced. 

Apparently Conte wants him to play in the wing-back role that he had Victor Moses play

Bleacher Report

• Haha 1

Is Ndombele actually any good?

Came with a massive reputation and had odd good game but not involved tonight after being booed off at the weekend so doubt he'll play for them again.

It seems a curious case to me given he's been there nearly 3 years and played under four different managers. They signed him for 52m aswell so will struggle to recoup half of that.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Is Ndombele actually any good?

Came with a massive reputation and had odd good game but not involved tonight after being booed off at the weekend so doubt he'll play for them again.

It seems a curious case to me given he's been there nearly 3 years and played under four different managers. They signed him for 52m aswell so will struggle to recoup half of that.

I would take him at Villa, needs a place to be settled, Spurs have been a mess since his signed and is playing under his 5th manager in 2 and a half seasons. Bayern Munich want him

Just now, Zatman said:

I would take him at Villa, needs a place to be settled, Spurs have been a mess since his signed and is playing under his 5th manager in 2 and a half seasons. Bayern Munich want him

Is he really better than McGinn as that seems from what I've seen the sort of midfield style he has but again just not seen him enough so a bit of enigma.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is he really better than McGinn as that seems from what I've seen the sort of midfield style he has but again just not seen him enough so a bit of enigma.

Talent wise yes he is, his passing is a lot better but he hasnt got a chance to show it at Spurs. He was brought into replace one of Premier League best midfielders of the last decade in Dembele and is stuck playing with donkeys like Winks, Sissoko and Alli while his centre forward stands next to him and the club is a mess

If he joins a proper team he will show his class

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Talent wise yes he is, his passing is a lot better but he hasnt got a chance to show it at Spurs. He was brought into replace one of Premier League best midfielders of the last decade in Dembele and is stuck playing with donkeys like Winks, Sissoko and Alli while his centre forward stands next to him and the club is a mess

If he joins a proper team he will show his class

He doesn't have 25% of the work rate of someone like McGinn, that's the problem. If he did he'd be worth the money they paid.

Â