VillaGoMarching

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He was never going to work there quality manager but way to temperamental to work with Levy

Levy put himself into a big corner.

He's forced to back Conte. He can't sack him. If Conte walks the fans will revolt. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Talk of £20m too :lol: Would be hilarious.

How much did Wolves sign him for, was talk of 30-40m two years ago so a bit of a hit.

Jorge Mendes half running Spurs aswell it seems given Nuno and Doherty ended up there in last 18 months.

• Like 1

They are going to make so much money moving forward. Their new stadium and the development around it is a cash cow.

Spurs get approval for new complex to be constructed opposite Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

The Premier League club was given the green light for another improvement to the area of Tottenham around their huge stadium 

Tottenham Hotspur have been granted permission this week to build a new six-storey complex of homes and a cinema opposite their stadium.

The application for the project was made back in August to Haringey Council by Goodsyard Tottenham Limited, which is part of Spurs' corporate group structure

The building project development company is based at the club's Lilywhite House headquarters within their stadium complex with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and operations and finance director Matthew Collecott on its board. 

Together the three new areas will deliver a major part of what has been labelled the High Road West regeneration, in the land opposite the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

The new scheme, which will incorporate the listed buildings there, will reach six storeys at its highest point and will integrate with the other proposals at the surrounding Goods Yard and The Depot.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/tottenham-hotspur-stadium-approved-plans-22741936

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Crap innit, what have homes and cinemas got to do with football. 

Another reminder of the fact that we don't cheer on football clubs these days, we cheer on multinational corporations with football branding and inconvenient wagebills..

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Another reminder of the fact that we don't cheer on football clubs these days, we cheer on multinational corporations with football branding and inconvenient wagebills..

Was a sketch in Ireland from the 2002 World Cup and they were joking that the 2024 World Cup will be played between Mars and Coca Cola 

Not far wrong 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, sne said:

They are going to make so much money moving forward. Their new stadium and the development around it is a cash cow.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/tottenham-hotspur-stadium-approved-plans-22741936

I don't think that they can count that income for FFP purposes which is something I suppose, but I guess they can use the income to pay off the clubs debts.

I would think that it's treated in football terms as money donated by the ownership rather than income, but how that's separated in an accounting way if the development falls under the football clubs' corporate umbrella is a bit of a mystery.

Best manager they have had since Poch and he is having to go to the media to complain that nothing is happening with his list of targets and those he wants gone. Levy is such a prick. It really is run solely as a business these days . I thank the lord every day for Wes and Nas .  He probably wants £40 mill for Alli and bids 15 mill for Adama.  

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Best manager they have had since Poch and he is having to go to the media to complain that nothing is happening with his list of targets and those he wants gone. Levy is such a prick. It really is run solely as a business these days . I thank the lord every day for Wes and Nas .  He probably wants £40 mill for Alli and bids 15 mill for Adama.  

He didnt even back Poch, Jose either got nothing

Compare to Conte, Jose is a calm man and if he doesnt get his way he will walk and will probably sue Spurs as he seems to have a shrewd negotiator doing his contracts

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He didnt even back Poch, Jose either got nothing

Compare to Conte, Jose is a calm man and if he doesnt get his way he will walk and will probably sue Spurs as he seems to have a shrewd negotiator doing his contracts

its weird, cus they appear not to back managers to buy players, they offer 15m for Traore, a bag of crisps and Anomah for Grealish, Levy runs the club like a pound shop......but, then they spend:

• 54m on Ndombele
  • 38m on Sanchez
  • 32m on Sissoko
  • 30m on Lo Celso
  • 28m on Bergwijn
  • 27m on Soldado
  • 25m on Sessegnon
  • 20m on Janssen

....weirdness personified.....

Edited by MaVilla

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

its weird, cus they appear not to back managers to buy players, they offer 15m for Traore, a bag of crisps and Anomah for Grealish, Levy runs the club like a pound shop......but, then they spend:

• 54m on Ndombele
  • 38m on Sanchez
  • 32m on Sissoko
  • 30m on Lo Celso
  • 28m on Bergwijn
  • 27m on Soldado
  • 25m on Sessegnon
  • 20m on Janssen

....weirdness personified.....

Lo celso was more, £30m was the option to buy on his loan but the initial loan fee was something daft like £25m

Im sure the Bryan Gil transfer was £20m + lamela so that's a decent chunk too

Not sure who spurs are linked with or seen enough of them to know what they need, no CBs or defenders which is where I would have thought they need players, traore which is great cos he's shit and then belotti who won't play over kane and kessie who is a good player but the last 2 are out of contract in the summer and no way will Levy pay for them now, saw a link to kessie for £40m now rather than £0 in the summer I struggle to believe it with Levy, good signing if they get him in the summer though 

Â