VillaGoMarching

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Them being 4th is really flattering them now. All teams below have 2 or even 3 games in hand so I can honestly see Ryan Mason in charge for last 4-5 games and them finishing 7th again.

They've conceded more goals than us now so I'd say take Kane out of this team and a mediocre replacement and they'll be nowhere near top 6 next season and probably having a similar season to Chelsea.

Conte rant is funny....but next game he'll still be starting likes of Eric Dier and Hojiberg who sum up how mediocre Spurs are. Son is having a terrible season aswell yet has been benched about 3 times all season.

This 100%...  Conte will bounce this summer and Levy will struggle to find another manager of his caliber and will have to settle for Thomas Frank or Marco Silva.  Kane and/or Son will be off this summer and Spurs will fall off hard next season.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Can’t see Conte being allowed to get away with comments of that magnitude.

He’ll be gone this week. 

I would think so as well. It’s bad enough calling out the players but when you criticise the club and board, you’re a gonna. 

46 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I would think so as well. It’s bad enough calling out the players but when you criticise the club and board, you’re a gonna. 

Its a clever political move from him though as the fans are a bit anti Levy at the moment so if they sack him the fans will turn even more and agree with him

12 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

He's absolutely right though. Yes, he'll probably be fired but Spurs have never been a big club and have no right to call themselves one. The whole squad has been useless for years now, Kane should have left years ago and Levy is a large part of the problem. 

Conte will be fine, he'll find another job quickly. 

I agree 100% with this. Having a nice ground doesn’t make you a big club unless you listen to sky. 10 years time that ground will be starting to show its age and people will have to talk about the football and still spurs won’t have win anything. 
big clubs win things! Spurs have one a league cup in the last 32 years that’s it. They haven’t even been to an fa cup final since 1991. That’s pathetic, so how dare anyone call it a big club when Wigan Portsmouth and Leicester have won the fa cup since them, stoke, Watford, hull, West Ham, Everton, millwall, Southampton Sunderland and even us have been to fa cup finals since they last made it. The only thing spurs have been successful at is the PR battle to make them selves seem like a big club based on nothing other than the location of the club.

They did go to a CL final a few years back.

Anyway, be interesting to see who they go for once they come to a financial agreement with Conte. I imagine Paratici will go Italian again unless they go Poch.

De Zerbi, Spalletti, Ancelotti, Allegri, Gasperini? Not sure how likely any of them are thou.

I’ve been saying it for a couple of years (as I’m sure you all have) but if you take Kane and Son out of that Spurs team it is really, really average. Son has been disappointing this season and look at how much it’s affected them. Without Kane they’ll be, well, fighting it out with us for a top half finish.

I remember losing to them 4-0 a couple of years back at VP and we were the better side (as mad as that sounds). Kane and Son were phenomenal that day and they are and always have been the difference. 

If they sell Kane, they’re going to need to reinvest that money very carefully. 

• Like 4

Doubt there is any scenario where Spurs decides to not sign Kulusevski even if they don't reach the CL and Conte moves. But if it did happen I'd love to have him at Villa, be perfect in a Emery team.

• Like 1

He’s a great manager with a short shelf life. Type of bloke who’d find an argument in an empty room.

That said I’ve got a lot of respect for someone getting that angry after that type of result. We’ve all felt like that and I love that he just let rip without any care about the consequences. 

Conte is having quite a bad time away from football atm with him being sick and a couple of his close friends Gian Piero Ventrone, Sinisa Mihajlovic and Gianluca Vialli all dying in recent times. He want's to be back in Italy with his family and it shows.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

They did go to a CL final a few years back.

Anyway, be interesting to see who they go for once they come to a financial agreement with Conte. I imagine Paratici will go Italian again unless they go Poch.

De Zerbi, Spalletti, Ancelotti, Allegri, Gasperini? Not sure how likely any of them are thou.

Shouldn't Paratici be getting banned given he's deep in the latest Juventus allegations...

That's another little grenade coming Spurs way in the summer if their transfer chief gets a worldwide football ban.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Shouldn't Paratici be getting banned given he's deep in the latest Juventus allegations...

That's another little grenade coming Spurs way in the summer if their transfer chief gets a worldwide football ban.

True, he might very well be gone too before long. Or maybe they give him one of those advisory roles.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve been saying it for a couple of years (as I’m sure you all have) but if you take Kane and Son out of that Spurs team it is really, really average. Son has been disappointing this season and look at how much it’s affected them. Without Kane they’ll be, well, fighting it out with us for a top half finish.

I remember losing to them 4-0 a couple of years back at VP and we were the better side (as mad as that sounds). Kane and Son were phenomenal that day and they are and always have been the difference. 

If they sell Kane, they’re going to need to reinvest that money very carefully. 

That game was less than a year ago but I agree with your point.

Just go back to summer 2021 though.

They'd finished 7th and us 11th but there was only about 3-4 points in it.

We'd beaten them in the run in and everyone expected Kane to leave that summer whereas there really wasn't much talk of Grealish leaving even during the euros.

He goes in the end while Kane stays and it sets us back a good 12 months. Fallout is we then lose DS and appoint Gerrard around the time they get Conte in.

I'd like to think this summer the cards are stacked in our favour. Conte and Kane go and that's so much to lose especially with Son in decline now having lost a yard of pace. Whereas we have a top class manager already in place and our play isn't centred around one player anymore. Of course we could still lose Martinez but have to back UE to find another top class keeper and we can still sign better players in back 4 aswell.

Knowing us we'll probably mess things up but we really should be finishing above Spurs next season if things play out as they should over next few months.

Really enjoying this latest Spurs implosion. In a way Conte was completely correct, but I also think he's made a bad situation worse. He's clearly trying to get sacked. I think Levy might oblige. 

They should try to build their team from scratch and try to being more academy players in. Hire a manager for a long term project rather than a mercenary. They should cash in on Kane and Son and buy younger players. Basically do everything Arsenal have been doing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Really enjoying this latest Spurs implosion. In a way Conte was completely correct, but I also think he's made a bad situation worse. He's clearly trying to get sacked. I think Levy might oblige. 

They should try to build their team from scratch and try to being more academy players in. Hire a manager for a long term project rather than a mercenary. They should cash in on Kane and Son and buy younger players. Basically do everything Arsenal have been doing.

Tim Sherwood then?

I'm never going to agree with a manager slagging of the players and owners publicly whether there is any truth in it or not. Says more about him than anything else.  Our manager would never do that no matter what. Far more integrity. Conte mater a successful manager but where is the personal responsibility ability. Blame everybody but yourself. Just never really liked him. 

Poisonous little man isn't he?

Using the existing longstanding fan dissatisfaction to protect his own (dwindling) reputation and try to get a last payout through making his position untenable - a cry of "Sack me for money, I'm done here". And above him, a man so blinded by his own tightness and ego that he'd rather be publicly shamed and have his club dragged through the mud than pay out a penny to a manager he abhors.

They've been a toxic relationship waiting to happen since the day they appointed him and no-one should be surprised it's gone wrong.

It's amazing that they've been able to continue to pick up results on the pitch and look a decent bet for fourth given the enmity at managerial and board level - the players probably deserve some credit for that - I mean, they won't get it because the manager has thrown them under a bus out of petty selfishness and the fans live in such a dreamworld that they're angry about the prospect of fourth - but they should.

You'd think that Conte would probably go back to Italy, but given that he's been a little bit like this at previous clubs and a lot like this at Spurs, I think he might find it harder than he imagines to find a good sized project that he can use to further his reputation and make feel like he's doing them a favour. It'll be interesting to see if his ego can stand having to go to somewhere like Lecce, or whether he'll retire in order to avoid having to face up to the fact that's he been a massive throbber for years and no one can bear him.

• Like 1

Personally I quite enjoyed the rant.

For a long time Spurs have been that club that’s in the “big six” and it’s been somewhat ridiculed. I remember the super league meme a few years ago with five members of a SAS style team standing next to a clown with the soldiers representing the other five hateful teams and spurs in the Krusty role.

So it’s kinda refreshing to hear it pointed out openly to everyone that “Hey, this so called big club…it doesn’t ****ing win anything!!!”.

The fact it was the Spurs manager saying it was a little bit of a surprise.

• Like 1

Â