VillaGoMarching

• 2 weeks later...

Loved watching them go out last night. What an average side they are. Can you imagine where they would be as a club if they hadn’t had Harry Kane. Sky sports news last night had a headline of “spurs trophy drought continues” as if spurs had any chance of winning the champions league and a drought is like Man Utd winning the league cup after 5 years of no trophies spurs haven’t even been in the fa cup final for over 30 years. They may as well have said wigans trophy drought continues 

Edited by punkiller1981
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Loved watching them go out last night. What an average side they are. Can you imagine where they would be as a club if they hadn’t had Harry Kane. Sky sports news last night had a headline of “spurs trophy drought continues” as if spurs had any chance of winning the champions league and a drought is like Man Utd winning the league cup after 5 years of no trophies spurs haven’t even been in the fa cup final for over 30 years. They may as well have said wigans trophy drought continues 

Or ours...

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

strange team. I think they have a really decent squad but they play some of the most boring football ive ever seen. Conte will not be there next year (if he makes it til then)

He didnt look very healthy last night. I think will leave in summer

The two weird narratives at Spurs are that this season is a failure because they haven't won anything or competed for the title and that Conte is an incredible manager, who is being hamstrung by the Spurs board.

I have a feeling that Conte has created the second of those himself to protect his reputation from getting too Spursy, and I think the first one is probably influenced by that.

They'll be well rid of him.

Â