VillaGoMarching

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Son was garbage last night and is having a dreadful season

Bailey is having a better season than Son

Really? If you're looking at PL form there is very little between then. 

Son has 8 goal contributions (5gls 3 assists) in 20 games worth of minutes.  Avg Whoscored rating of 6.87

Bailey has 6 (4 gls and 2 assists) in 17 games worth of minutes. Avg Whoscored rating of 6.63.

I'd hardly say Bailey is having a better season.  Admittedly, Son is in a more successful team and has a Harry Kane finishing his assists, but that hyperbole doesn't reflect reality. They've both been poor.

Son is now 30, so he'll be shipped off for many more millions than he's worth at the end of the season. 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Love seeing them struggle. All set up for poch to return.

I think poch should forget spyrs. Never go back

I thought he was off to Madrid when Ancelotti or Simeone left?

7 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Loved watching them go out last night. What an average side they are. Can you imagine where they would be as a club if they hadn’t had Harry Kane. Sky sports news last night had a headline of “spurs trophy drought continues” as if spurs had any chance of winning the champions league and a drought is like Man Utd winning the league cup after 5 years of no trophies spurs haven’t even been in the fa cup final for over 30 years. They may as well have said wigans trophy drought continues 

I was bemused when I saw they were involved in the European Super league plans. Apart from their NFL stadium there's nothing elite about them. Those inbred Small Heathens have won a major trophy more recently than them

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

I thought he was off to Madrid when Ancelotti or Simeone left?

Simeone is gone in the summer. Poch is a media myth 

Would probably struggle to crack a Premier League top 30 in history

Entitlement of these Spurs fans. 

You haven't won a title in over 60 years you words removed. I don't even think they have been seriously close.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was that season they finished 3rd when they were in a 2 horse race with Leicester

it was a 2 horse race but between them and arsenal...and leicester somehow won it.

Actually a brilliant day for them. Won their game comfortably and Liverpool and Brighton both blew relatively simple three point games.

Six points clear in 4th. It might not keep Kane but certainly makes attracting a decent manager post Conte a little more easier if they get CL.

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually a brilliant day for them. Won their game comfortably and Liverpool and Brighton both blew relatively simple three point games.

Six points clear in 4th. It might not keep Kane but certainly makes attracting a decent manager post Conte a little more easier if they get CL.

Have they actually had a really bad season? Realistically what more should they be achieving? It's not like they're Chelsea in 10th. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Have they actually had a really bad season? Realistically what more should they be achieving? It's not like they're Chelsea in 10th. 

Losing to Forest and Sheffield United in cups is where they've fallen.

I keep thinking they're go on a winless run of 4-5 league games but they just don't draw many and 10 wins from 14 home games is very good and what you need to seriously challenge for top 4 and we're still a long way off that sort of home run.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Yep what are Spurs expecting to achieve. Getting knocked out of the Champions League caused such a backlash but they were never even a contender

They really do have a poor starting 11 compared to other scum 6 (Dier, Skipp Forster, Richarlison all started today) and to be comfortably 4th is a good season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep what are Spurs expecting to achieve. Getting knocked out of the Champions League caused such a backlash but they were never even a contender

They really do have a poor starting 11 compared to other scum 6 (Dier, Skipp Forster, Richarlison all started today) and to be comfortably 4th is a good season

They've had some bad results and troubles in the cups, but are doing better than Liverpool and Chelsea in the league. 

Conte is a great (short-term) manager but they were never going to win the league or anything like that. 

4th is as expected. 

4th will be excellent for them and represents a good season - I suspect that's something they'll learn to understand over the next few years.

They've got a really nice run of fixtures until the end of the season and I think they'll hold on to the place.

I didn't think they'd do that this season and they've profited from the chaos at Chelsea and Liverpool's poor season - it's a pity as I think they're the weakest of then big six/seven and the one we should be able to make the biggest inroads on.

A 4th place finish keeps their heads above water for another season at least.

Â