VillaGoMarching

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Oh, now. Have you seen the table today? "The worst football in the league" has 49 points. I'm sure David Moyes wishes he could be "the worst," too. 

Spurs are the worst watch in the league and it isn't even close

• Haha 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Any team that sacks a manager because the players think he is too tough is a joke

Its like that time Roy Keane saw through our players and they threw a tantrum. Keane left and Gabby was allowed rot away at the club

These Spurs clowns have gone through Poch, Mourinho and Conte. They be happy with somebody like Gareth Southgate because they can manipulate him

Hes not being sacked because of that though.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hes not being sacked because of that though.

Well Spurs are 4th and made the Champions League knockouts so are overachieving for the level they are at

Knocked out of Conference League last season

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well Spurs are 4th and made the Champions League knockouts so are overachieving for the level they are at

Knocked out of Conference League last season

But hes not been sacked because of that either. Cant say what he has said in public and not expect to be sacked.  Or maybe he wanted an easy way out himself 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its like that time Roy Keane saw through our players and they threw a tantrum. Keane left and Gabby was allowed rot away at the club

Absolutely bang on the money. Even the excuse of why he left (more dog walking time or some such) told us everything we needed to know. Overly comfortable bunch of amateurs.

• Like 1

Yep Conte clearly just given up with the club as a whole. 

Tryed to install his winning mentality on to them and they just don't get it. 

Think the football was pretty bad tbh which I imagine is down to Conte trying to build a good defense first, I mean he's got Dier so good luck with that. 

But its been one of the most successful periods in their history. Ok they have won nothing but they have been in the top 4 regularly. If you go back they havent won the league since the push and run team of 61. They have won a few cups but this is a good era for them. 

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sums up the attitude at Spurs and its rotten culture full of losers.

Yup ... they're lucky to have Conte. From a Villa-centric point of view, I want to see Spurs fail, and sacking Conte would hasten that failure.

If Tottenham Hotspur are serious about challenging for trophies and ridding the club, once and for all, of its reputation for promising much but delivering nothing, chairman Daniel Levy should respond to manager Antonio Conte's remarkable postmatch rant at Southampton by offering him a new long-term contract.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Any team that sacks a manager because the players think he is too tough is a joke

These Spurs clowns have gone through Poch, Mourinho and Conte. They be happy with somebody like Gareth Southgate because they can manipulate him

Also I think Roy was actively training with the team and probably one of the best players 

26 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Also I think Roy was actively training with the team and probably one of the best players 

Quotes from our dear Gabby

“There was a time in training when we were doing a shooting drill. Imagine all 22 players doing a shooting drill, you’ve got to pass it to five players before you get a cross in.

“We hadn’t had a shot for 11 or 12 minutes, you are going to be getting cold and frustrated, so the standard wasn’t very good.

“The gaffer, Paul Lambert, calls us in and Roy Keane is there as well. Lambert says the standard isn’t good enough.

“Me, as captain, I had to come forward and back the players saying we only get one shot every 11 or 12 minutes and we need to do something different.

“Roy Keane comes forward and says ‘oh, are you cold? Do you want another warm up?’

“I said, ‘I’m not talking to you, Roy. I’m talking to the manager’. He gave me that evil stare and the next day he left.

“At that time at Aston Villa, he left because of me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Can we speak this into existence please?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yup ... they're lucky to have Conte. From a Villa-centric point of view, I want to see Spurs fail, and sacking Conte would hasten that failure.

No offence to Mr Ogden in your link there, but that's one of the daftest opinions I've ever read. Conte is *trying* to get sacked, probably because he's bored of Spurs and/or wants to be home in Italy for various reasons (many of them quite understandable!). Tottenham could have offered him a massive new contract and I'm sure he'd have happily signed, but he wouldn't have stopped trying to get fired and they would have just been giving an even more massive payoff than he's already in line for. 

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

I, too, would be ecstatic if Spurs appointed Southgate. 

Edited by Villaphan04

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Conte is *trying* to get sacked

A little deluded and/or adolescent, but I just don't think he's that cynical or duplicitous. He doesn't really show that history of cold detachment.  He may be unconsciously "trying," but we're all effed up a bit in our own ways in this life, aren't we? I myself think he's genuinely frustrated. It's ridiculous because Spurs are actually doing very, very well, and that's annoying to see that. I mean, get a grip, Antonio. It's like when that kid in your calculus class throws a tantrum for getting a 97% on a quiz when the average is 77%. It's like STFU, you know? I have a friend like this. He's always going all dark and fed up every time his club doesn't win 5-0. Man United fan, of course. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Â