VillaGoMarching

I like Conte. I mean, the guy is obviously a prick in the way that Mourinho is (in football terms, Im sure they're nice enough men away from the game) but I find that endearing in an era where managers dont have the authority they did/should. Why shouldn't he be able to tell a few players that they're taking the piss?

He's gone about it the wrong way here, but I doubt many would argue that he isn't correct in what he said.

I don't like anything about Spurs though (other than Conte), so this is pretty amusing to see on a regular basis. Hopefully Brighton finish 4th, Spurs fall away into 7th/8th, Kane leaves, Conte is replaced with Gerrard and they end up stuck in midtable like they've pretty much always been apart from a few seasons here and there.

The very epitome of an entitled club

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The problem with what conte said is that he's trying to absolve himself of any blame. He's the manager, if the players are weak mentally a lot of that is down to him. 

About 90 percent of the team were signed without him being there

Conte took one of the shittest Italian teams ever to a Euros quarter final and a poor Chelsea team to the title

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

About 90 percent of the team were signed without him being there

Conte took one of the shittest Italian teams ever to a Euros quarter final and a poor Chelsea team to the title

How he turned Victor Moses into a competent wing back for a season I'll never know. Always been a miracle man in my mind since then!

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Eveey ex chelsea  manager they have recruited has absolutely flopped at aours.

If poch says no (he wont) tuchel will be their prime target 

As long as they stay from emery im hapoy

Roberto Di Matteo is available 🤣

14 hours ago, villa89 said:

The problem with what conte said is that he's trying to absolve himself of any blame. He's the manager, if the players are weak mentally a lot of that is down to him. 

Blatantly trying to pish Levy off so much so that he can get  sacked and have a payoff. Though he has had a fairly rubbish list of personal issues this year.

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Can't wait for Spurs to slide back down to where they belong and fall out of the Sky 6 narrative. Unfortunately, Newcastle will probably just take their place.

That is now basically impossible given their revenue streams. Modern football is great isn't it.

• Sad 1

It’s kind of unbelievable to read in the media all this stuff about how terrible spurs are, and how conte is a failure and spurs are a failure yada yada yada yada. Tottenham are fourth. They’re fourth in arguably the most competitive football league in the world at the moment. Conte and Spurs may be many things, but they’re hardly failed. Ridiculous north London moanplosion. Thanks, Antonio, for some of the best entertainment of the year. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Manager calls out players for not being winners and saying they lack character. 

Players immediately go crying to management to sack him.

Its not a good look for the Spurs players

In fairness, the manager wasn't really talking about the players, he wasn't really talking about the owners - he was talking about himself - about the great Antonio Conte and how he's been let down and nothing is his fault so it must be the players, it must be the owners, it must be Tottenham. People seem to think he's been "telling it like it is" when all he's really done is go out of his way to throw Sprus under a bus in order to try protect his own reputation, to save an ego that's bigger than the football club. He talks like he's doing them a favour being there.

• Like 2

Â