Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The sudden loss of suffixes from dates, especially in adverts.

For example, a chap would say an event is happening on March Twenty Two, instead of the Twenty Second of March.

Well, it's the American thing again. Expect to hear "one hundred eighty" (instead of "one hundred AND eighty") before too long. 

Fifteen hundred instead of one thousand five hundred is my pet hate when I watch us TV shows

Isn't that a british way of saying it, though (up to a point - possibly 2400 as in hrs)?

Edit: I'd certainly say eleven hundred rather than one thousand one hundred.

Edited by snowychap

For example, a chap would say an event is happening on March Twenty Two, instead of the Twenty Second of March.

Well, it's the American thing again. Expect to hear "one hundred eighty" (instead of "one hundred AND eighty") before too long. 

I have a friend who says that.

Granted he's Russian, so English isn't his first language (although you'd never know, apart from a slight twang in his accent his English is genuinely remarkable) so I guess you can let him off a bit.

March Twenty-Two isn't American... March Twenty-Second, on the other hand.

Sports commentators and their crap metaphors. 

On the triathlon coverage today: 

"The chasing pack is starting to reel the leader in. That invisible piece of elastic is getting tauter and tauter". 

It would be getting tauter if the leader were pulling away. If the gap's closing it would be getting slacker! 

Rafa Benitez

the general consenus amongst liverpool fans that he is one of the top 3/4 managers in world football and that they would have won the league and toppled utd if the owners had only backed him means that i cant help but smile when it comes to rafa, he's an absolute gold mine on RAWK

Rafa Benitez

the general consenus amongst liverpool fans that he is one of the top 3/4 managers in world football and that they would have won the league and toppled utd if the owners had only backed him means that i cant help but smile when it comes to rafa, he's an absolute gold mine on RAWK

Really? When I go home 8/10 people would never have said that. Sounds like RAWK might be full of people from Hertford (sort of like me on VT   :P ) The feeling I get is that they might be getting into Europe, probably through better cup runs but as for being a top manager, I think his stubborn ways pissed a lot of Plop fans off in the end.  

Edited by knoppy1987
  • Like 1

This whole Paris Brown fiasc. She annoys me, but more than that the people who thought it was a good idea to put a 17 old girl in the limelight and have her life scrutinised by the press as an 'advisor' to the police and pay her £15,000 of public money too.

Young people need representation but not in such an 'official' capacity.  

This whole Paris Brown fiasc. She annoys me, but more than that the people who thought it was a good idea to put a 17 old girl in the limelight and have her life scrutinised by the press as an 'advisor' to the police and pay her £15,000 of public money too.

Young people need representation but not in such an 'official' capacity.  

I agree.

Someone taking a job on with the police should have a little more resilience before turning on the water works infront of the nation's press. She could barely get more annoying.

Though her comments about the cast of Made In Chelsea were forgivable. 

Commented in another thread - but if she is the best Kent have to offer we're all **** here in the Garden of England.

Did no silly bastard think to check her social networking stuff before appointment?

Commented in another thread - but if she is the best Kent have to offer we're all **** here in the Garden of England.

Did no silly bastard think to check her social networking stuff before appointment?

Yes ofcourse, but unfortunately the only silly bastard bright enough to do so happened to be working for the nation's media.

Â