Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

In terms of holidays I like a mixture of everything. I like sprawling cities with culture, great dining, extravagant nightlife... like Hong Kong, New York or Bangkok. I also like doing feck all for a week in Egypt or maybe somewhere like Barbados, where the most strenuous thing I do is put my swimming shorts on in the morning. I never used to like the 'lounge by the pool' holidays but since my job career got more stressful, I find I need a week or two doing just that throughout the year to keep me sane.

New York wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, it's good to go there once, to say you've been and go and see the sights and stuff, but I'd rather go back to Chicago, Toronto, Paris, Barcelona, Rome or even better, Las Vegas :D

Wasn't too keen on Toronto. Now Quebec, there's a city I would love to visit again. Chicago is an awesome city!

Going off on a bit of a tangent, it upsets me that (in terms of natural beauty atleast) the the world seems to get better as you get further away from the UK. It's like we're at the centre of geological black spot, and we influence everything around us according to how close it is to us.

Travelling around the UK is pretty meh, and any nice spots are blighted by cold weather.  -_-

European destinations are really all about culture, the beaches etc really aren't that nice in general, though there is some good mountain scenery. :mellow:

Things start getting better once you get to North Africa, the red sea is a definite jewel in the underwater world. ^_^

The Caribbean is lovely, with some amazing scenery, coupled with rainforests etc. :)

Indian Ocean is out of this world for beaches. :D

Then on the complete other side of the world you have natural meccas like Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, The Cook Islands, Galapagos Islands, Thailand.  :hooray:

This annoys me greatly, why can't we just have 1 paradise on our doorstep. 

I'm the opposite... I like the fact 'paradise' is so far away (and reasonably expensive to get to). It means when I go, there is less chance of it being full of annoying British drunks!

edited for spelling

Edited by Xela

I disagree. There is a good moment in 'Remains of the Day', the book at least (haven't seen the film) when Mr Stevens climbs a hill to find a spot known to have a great view. When he gets to the top he thinks about the British landscape and how, even if it doesn't have the drama of other countries, it has a quiet majesty. It is all very flowery language, as you'd expect in a book, but it hits on a point I can't help but agree with.

I like the modesty of our landscape, there is no need to shout, just a few verdant knolls and a bubbling brook will do just fine.

People who go on holiday to the same place over and over again. My brother, his OH and 2 young children go to the exact same place in Devon twice every f**king year. It costs a fortune (he aint flush) and its where all his in-laws live so the majority of the time they're visiting family.

Bloody idiot.

The vast majority of my vacations have been to one of the two summer houses that have been in my family...

My neighbour has been playing Florence and the machine, Muse and blur songs for the last hour an half. The volume doesnt bother,its his shite choice of music

Going off on a bit of a tangent, it upsets me that (in terms of natural beauty atleast) the the world seems to get better as you get further away from the UK. It's like we're at the centre of geological black spot, and we influence everything around us according to how close it is to us.

Travelling around the UK is pretty meh, and any nice spots are blighted by cold weather. -_-

European destinations are really all about culture, the beaches etc really aren't that nice in general, though there is some good mountain scenery. :mellow:

Things start getting better once you get to North Africa, the red sea is a definite jewel in the underwater world. ^_^

The Caribbean is lovely, with some amazing scenery, coupled with rainforests etc. :)

Indian Ocean is out of this world for beaches. :D

Then on the complete other side of the world you have natural meccas like Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, The Cook Islands, Galapagos Islands, Thailand. :hooray:

This annoys me greatly, why can't we just have 1 paradise on our doorstep.

I'm the opposite... I like the fact 'paradide' is so far away (and reasonably expensive to get to). It means when I go, there is less chance of it being full of annoying British drunks!

Very good point.

on the subject of holidays, we "did" the touristy holidays for a while, but when the second child came along it became crap. We were in Turkey, fantastic spot, nice hotel. The only trouble was a 5 year old girl and a 2 year old boy. At about 8pm easch night there was a kids disco, so the 5 year old loved the disco, so we would sit on the sides and have a drink. The 2 year old was trying to sleep, but couldn't because of the noise. It would end up one of us in the room with the little one and one at the disco. So we would all be back in the room by 10:30. Have a glass of wine or so, but it just felt like being at home. 

Then we discovered camping. It is truly brilliant. Its not cheap to get started, I have probably got about 2 grands worth of gear, but probably paid about £800 on ebay. We have 2 tents, one for a week or so away, another which is smaller but goes up in 20 minutes for weekends away. Now we have camped on the beach of lochs in scotland, in welsh valleys, in the lake district and loads more in between. We have also ventured into France on a few occasions. It takes some research but well worth it. Some of the best parts are, if you don't like where you are, you just move somewhere else, its only about £15 a night. The other great thing is, the kids make pals easy. They will still be playing, in full view, whilst I'm just in a chair with a glass of vino reading, in a stunning location. The other thing about France, we dont book anywhere. Once we're off the ferry we look at the weather map, then go there. To put it into contest, the kids wanted somewhere with massive pools slides etc. We found one. I reckon the 2 weeks for 4 of us, including travel and spending was less than £800

• Like 1

Went camping with the boy once ...it was ok but a bit meh if I'm honest ... Ok we did go in October and it was wet and cold and but for the plug in heater I took we probably would have caught pneumonia but give me a hotel bed an ensuite and a toilet that some fat stinky bloke hasn't pebbledashed 4 minutes before you , anyday

I always said the best thing about Hungary / Budapest was the lack of Brits ... Sadly Wizz air and Easyjet have made it stag weekend central and its starting to push the price up in the bars etc ... Luckily the stag do mob haven't found and ruined Siofok yet

Turning the telly on for a spin on Mariokart and being greeted by Piers Morgan's ugly mug,

Honest question, what is it about him that ticks people off? I can understand Americans not particularly warming up to someone who speaks with an accent that's different and pretty posh, but surely the British would embrace one of their own exports.

I ask because frankly. I've never watched him before apart from one or two Youtube clips here and there.

Turning the telly on for a spin on Mariokart and being greeted by Piers Morgan's ugly mug,

Honest question, what is it about him that ticks people off? I can understand Americans not particularly warming up to someone who speaks with an accent that's different and pretty posh, but surely the British would embrace one of their own exports.

I ask because frankly. I've never watched him before apart from one or two Youtube clips here and there.

Piers Morgan is just vile. America can keep him.

Search daily mirror British army iraq war photos.

That stank of a deliberate set up. The Mirror was loudly anti Iraq War until then, it completely debollocked them as a credible voice.

Morgan should have put in more legwork checking his sources, but that's not the reason for the dislike.

It's cos he's a tit.

Â