Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

My daughter has gone to Greece for a week on a school holiday... sorry.... educational visit.

What's with school trips these days? We went to the Black Country museum when I was a kid. My 13 yr old nephew has already been to Lapland and Kenya!

The coin only tolls on the severn bridge are now coin and card with the act of using a card completely negating any advantage of the coin bin.

Still good value at £6 for a day in the land of milk and honey mind.

My kids' school loved organising inappropriately excessive trips:

Example 1 - Skiing trip. I would happily have paid any reasonable cost. Did they go to Aviemore? No. Did they go to one of the Alpine resorts? No. Skiing in the USA, with prices to match. **** right off.

Example 2 - The R.E. trip to the Passion Play at Oberammergau. My daughter was quite keen (despite being an atheist, she was interested in it from a cultural and scenic point of view). It was pricey, but we signed up. However, not enough parents did so to cover the cost of the trip, so the cost per kid went up. So more parents dropped out, and the cost went up again. And so on, until it got cancelled. Fuckwits.

What's with school trips these days? We went to the Black Country museum when I was a kid. My 13 yr old nephew has already been to Lapland and Kenya!

Really? I went to Belgium three times in junior school. Two Italian Skiing trips, an Austrian one and a French one in comprehensive. That was in the 70's & 80's. And I went to bog standard junior and comprehensives

The school I was working at during my teacher training year was running a Sixth Form school trip to Bali, although I think it might have been cancelled. They did go to France quite regularly, though, as well as various other places including a water sports trip to Spain.

I went to Berlin on a school history trip in 2004 (I think), but this was the last trip abroad the school ran for a few years.

Went to Edinburgh for a week during primary school for next to no money at all, before insurance costs went insane and kids became priced out of school trips like that.

Did nowt in grammar school save a trip to the Tayto factory. Got some crisps out of it though. The decent trips were for a select few who could afford it.

We went to Doddington House or Bristol Zoo on alternate years.

My eldest has been to Florida where they did Miami, Everglades, Theme parks, Boat trip to the Caribean. They also travelled on some funky Virgin plane with wall to wall gadgets and 'lounge bars' apparently.

Also off to London for a couple of nights to see some shows and saving for a visit to France.

My mate is now in a Marie Curie Centre in Cardiff to try to bring the pain under control. He's struggling a bit :( They're looking to ease his pain somewhat by having an operation to install a "nerve blocker". Again, not so much as it shouldn't piss me off as it blatantly should. His fiancée (who also suffers from cancer) is bearing up OK thank goodness.

I'm watching (and supporting) the Stand Up to Cancer thing on C4 tonight.

My school trips included Malvern for a week ! Ski trip to Italy once and Goderill Bank. We also went to see the Harlem Globetrotters at Wembley Arena plus some England schoolboy games at the old Wembley. Oh we went to France too to look at the Bayeaux Tapestry and Mount St Michel.

Â