Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I have some lesbian FB friends (including one who is an ex-girlfriend, I took it well...) :)

They do post a lot of gay polemic stuff, but in their defence, the VAST majority of it is about the very real persecution of gays in overseas countries, rather than the UK. And they have a point.

Yeah, I'm happy to take that, would be a refreshing change from the usual drivel that facebook serves up. The person in question shows no such concerns for these people. Her intentions are solely to make a victim out of herself, which becomes a bit tiresome after a while.

I have a friend on facebook who happens to be a lesbian, she uses her sexuality to solicit sympathy and attention at every opportunity.

She is constantly uploading meme's with a gay undertone on them, and it gets a bit annoying after a while. This is her latest post:

"so there is only one straight girl left in X factor, let's wait for the homophobes to say we are takin over the world!"

Now, I'm not a lesbian, but I can't imagine for one minute that she experiences anywhere near the level of discrimination that would warrant her constant protestations about the way the world treats her. I really hate people like this, looking for problems where there are none and using their individuality as a stick to beat other people with. Wake up nobber, we're all individuals and people care no more about you and your sexuality than they do about last night's episode of Eastenders.

"Hide All Posts from..."

Problem solved

• Like 1

I know, but one of the main reasons I visit Facebook these days is so that I can tut at posts and mentally dissect them for what they really are.

Infact, I think that's pretty much the only reason I visit facebook, systematically looking down upon the idiot comments one by one.

[jokes]

Unfortunately I don't think she's a lesbian by choice, I think it's far more likely that she simply just gave up on trying to attract any male attention.

i.e. She's not one of them good lesbians, she's a bad 'un.

[/jokes]

One thing I've never understood about lesbaning, right, now hear me out; if you're a lesbanim then you like women; the acquisition of womens (specifically other lesbanims) is your goal. Why is it then, that lesbanims who aren't inclined towards transgenderfying, some of those lesbanims still dress like blokes, get bloke hairdos and whatnot when surely they want to look as womanly as possible so other lesbanims will find them vaginally stimulating?

I know, but one of the main reasons I visit Facebook these days is so that I can tut at posts and mentally dissect them for what they really are.

Infact, I think that's pretty much the only reason I visit facebook, systematically looking down upon the idiot comments one by one.

Like watching Jeremy Kyle, but without Jeremy Kyle, and with people you know.

• Like 1

Like watching Jeremy Kyle, but without Jeremy Kyle, and with people you know.

Exactly this.

One thing I've never understood about lesbaning, right, now hear me out; if you're a lesbanim then you like women; the acquisition of womens (specifically other lesbanims) is your goal. Why is it then, that lesbanims who aren't inclined towards transgenderfying, some of those lesbanims still dress like blokes, get bloke hairdos and whatnot when surely they want to look as womanly as possible so other lesbanims will find them vaginally stimulating?

If I had the (any) balls, this would be my reply to the facebook post that prompted my entry into this thread in the first place.

I've also wonderered about that. It seems illogical to me. Also, a man dressed like a woman is a transvestite or cross-dresser, even "suffering" from transvestic fetishism, but a woman dressed like a man is just a lesbian.

People like what they like.

A lesbian who acts and dresses 'manly' is still a woman. Equally, a gay man who acts and dresses 'womanly' is still a man. It doesn't mean they are attracted to the opposite sex. Similarly, some straight men dress as women for shits and giggles, or perhaps their partners like it sexually when they do so. Some straight women may dress as men for similar reasons. It doesn't mean these people are attracted to the same sex.

It is just the way people are.

I just figured that lesbians who dress and groom to look like men and who are generally the 'man' in their relationship were basically born with whatever wiring makes you 'think' like a male switched on, only within the female body. With the reverse being true in men. However or whatever way we end up being hardwired, tis a mystery. Don't hold me to it though.

I just figured that lesbians who dress and groom to look like men and who are generally the 'man' in their relationship were basically born with whatever wiring makes you 'think' like a male switched on, only within the female body. With the reverse being true in men. However or whatever way we end up being hardwired, tis a mystery. Don't hold me to it though.

This was my assumption also. While not necessarily being a man trapped in a women's body, it is perhaps the same characteristics that drive women to lesbianism that also encourage them to dress in a more manly fashion (in some cases).

A bit like the shared characteristic that makes all Liverpool fans act like a bunch of clowns. It's the overall wish to act the victim that both attracts them to Liverpool FC and makes annoying to the rest of the outside world.

I have lost my favourite t-shirt.

For the last 2-3 weeks I'd assumed it was in the laundry pile that I have finally conquered, but I have discovered that it is gone forever.

Objectively speaking, it wasn't that great a t-shirt. It was fairly mediocre in many ways. I'd had it for 5 years or so and it wasn't that brilliant when I got it, but it just fitted perfectly. I'd come out of the wash and I'd wear it as soon as it was dry, knowing that on that day, no matter how bad things got, I could always fall back on the fact that I had on a very comfortable t-shirt. But no more.

My life will never be the same.

Â