Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Dell technical support is the bane of my existence! However, that call must be ancient because the tech support is American and not Indian. I have never spoken to a non Indian technical representative when dealing with Dell and I've had my fair share of contact after my laptop's motherboard breaking 7 times.

Oddly, every time I speak to them, it's someone in Scotland. This may be because it's on a business account rather than normal consumer support though.

Sadly, I think I'd be more likely to understand someone in India.

School trips, Malvern outdoor centre for 3 days and a day out at Solihull swimming pool, and we thought we had it good.

Can't believe some of the places children are being taken these days. Genuinely gob smacked how do parents afford trips to Florida or China for their kids? Je ne comprends pas.

Thinking back, I never went on a school trip that involved overnight stays, although the school did do them, including overseas ones.

My parents had never been abroad, and I think I just had it in my head that (a) they couldn't afford it (probably true), and (B) we just didn't do "that sort of thing", so I never volunteered or asked.

I never travelled as a student, either - just went to my parents' in the holidays. First trip abroad was after I got married, aged 28. Seems strange now.

Oddly, every time I speak to them, it's someone in Scotland. This may be because it's on a business account rather than normal consumer support though.

Sadly, I think I'd be more likely to understand someone in India.

I spoke to a Dell technician in Scotland once and I remember I did actually have to ask them to repeat things more times than I've had to with Indian technicians

One of my daughters friends who is 8 came home from school the other day with a letter for a school trip to Old Trafford to watch a champions league game :rolleyes:

My younger daughter (while at primary school) won two tickets for Leeds Utd. v. Bolton. We went to it, it was, er... crap.

My dog once got a leaflet fom Silvervision, the wrestling DVD distributor.

My cat gets quite a few letters about taking out a credit card

Mind you she is 21 so probably qualifies ... Surprised she hasn't had any PPI letters yet though

The queue to get off the M40 to work in the morning.

I's now upto about 40 minutes to get from the junction I get off at to the office. It's about a mile.

It only takes me 35 minutes to get to the queue at the junction from my house, and that's 35 miles.

I have a friend on facebook who happens to be a lesbian, she uses her sexuality to solicit sympathy and attention at every opportunity.

She is constantly uploading meme's with a gay undertone on them, and it gets a bit annoying after a while. This is her latest post:

"so there is only one straight girl left in X factor, let's wait for the homophobes to say we are takin over the world!"

Now, I'm not a lesbian, but I can't imagine for one minute that she experiences anywhere near the level of discrimination that would warrant her constant protestations about the way the world treats her. I really hate people like this, looking for problems where there are none and using their individuality as a stick to beat other people with. Wake up nobber, we're all individuals and people care no more about you and your sexuality than they do about last night's episode of Eastenders.

I have a friend on facebook who happens to be a lesbian, she uses her sexuality to solicit sympathy and attention at every opportunity.

She is constantly uploading meme's with a gay undertone on them, and it gets a bit annoying after a while. This is her latest post:

"so there is only one straight girl left in X factor, let's wait for the homophobes to say we are takin over the world!"

Now, I'm not a lesbian, but I can't imagine for one minute that she experiences anywhere near the level of discrimination that would warrant her constant protestations about the way the world treats her. I really hate people like this, looking for problems where there are none and using their individuality as a stick to beat other people with. Wake up nobber, we're all individuals and people care no more about you and your sexuality than they do about last night's episode of Eastenders.

I have some lesbian FB friends (including one who is an ex-girlfriend, I took it well...) :)

They do post a lot of gay polemic stuff, but in their defence, the VAST majority of it is about the very real persecution of gays in overseas countries, rather than the UK. And they have a point.

Â