Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Even the very best adverts are only entertaining the first couple of times you see them. For the next ten thousand iterations they are ALL **** ANNOYING.

I would love to live in a world where all unsolicited advertising is banned.

Edit: Ah yes, the word "iterations" can be used to refer to mere repetition. Damn.

The most annoying thing of all is ads shown on tele channels that you've paid to watch. They might be acceptable if they were helping a struggling entertainment company to break even, but I rather doubt that is the case. It's pure profit at the expense of the subscribers' brain cells.

Ads that have music I like get a free pass. Couple months back I was actively looking forward to Oxfam adverts. The current Volvo V40 ad also turned me on to a band I'd never heard before.

Ads with good music are the very worst of the lot. They take a piece of music that I may very well like - love, even - and ruin it by association.

To this day I can't hear Free's "All Right Now" without thinking of Wrigley's **** chewing gum. Bastards.

Even the very best adverts are only entertaining the first couple of times you see them. For the next ten thousand iterations they are ALL **** ANNOYING.

I would love to live in a world where all unsolicited advertising is banned.

Strictly speaking, the next 10,000 showings are only "iterations" if they improve them slightly each time.

But otherwise you're quite correct. They ARE annoying (like me, arguably).

The most annoying thing of all is ads shown on tele channels that you've paid to watch. They might be acceptable if they were helping a struggling entertainment company to break even, but I rather doubt that is the case. It's pure profit at the expense of the subscribers' brain cells.

Oh yes.

Having just renewed my £20-extra-a-month Sky Sports subscription, it does irk me somewhat that I have to endure 10 minutes worth of adverts during every half time.

Bifidus Digestivum. It's a made up name for something you already have enough of so why do people fall for this "friendly bacteria" nonsense and hoover up truckloads of it?

There is no impartial science behind it but it's a multi-million pound industry that should be done away with (thus removing that annoying "Theako" off my tellybox).

Keeping on the advert train of thought.

The new Enterprise Car Hire advert.

Now, I'm not annoyed at it in general. Pointing out to Americans that they pronounce stuff wrongly is fine with me.

But at the end when they're talking about Aloom-in-um and alumin-ee-um (aluminium), the British guy says

"yeah, there's a 'U' in it"

Surely he should be saying "Yeah, there's an 'I' in it"? The american guy IS pronouncing the U. It's the I he's missing out.

On that, my missus not turning my boxers the right way out after they've been washed!!!

:lol:

vintage%2Bironing%2Bhousewife%2Btired.jpg

You'll have to give her a beating when you get home mate. That's simply not acceptable. :mrgreen:

Â