Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

ive yet to meet a utd fan who isnt up his own arse.

I know loads of them. I work opposite Old Trafford.

The vast majority of United fans I know and talk to are sound.

Can believe this. Man Utd fans should be despised in proportion to the distance they live from OT.

(And if anyone is going to say Villa fans too, **** you in advance :))

Jon is right. On one hand, I feel sorry for the genuine United fans because the size of their club means they've far far more arseholes supporting their club than any of us have following ours. And they get lumped in with them. I know a few United fans who are as knowledgeable about football as anyone else and who are not myopic about their own club. They too despair at the typical United fan and they know there's nothing they can do but just defend themselves as and when the discussion (regularly) comes up. United are just another football club with normal fans and idiot fans. But their success has meant that many more idiots with no attachment to that club have decided to latch on to their success.

Nissan Micras.

Driven at 24 **** MPH everywhere they go.

Had to laugh one morning. It was particularly miserable, wet and greasy on the roads. On the way to work driving through a little village I got stuck behind a car doing about 20mph for well over a mile. The car in question? A Ferrari 360 Modena. Yer man was clearly afraid of his shite to apply the accelerator for fear of sticking it in a ditch :) There are worse cars to be stuck behind I s'pose. I did get a kick out of sighing "Bloody Ferraris" as we went our separate ways :mrgreen:

Nissan Micras.

Driven at 24 **** MPH everywhere they go.

Had to laugh one morning. It was particularly miserable, wet and greasy on the roads. On the way to work driving through a little village I got stuck behind a car doing about 20mph for well over a mile. The car in question? A Ferrari 360 Modena. Yer man was clearly afraid of his shite to apply the accelerator for fear of sticking it in a ditch :) There are worse cars to be stuck behind I s'pose. I did get a kick out of sighing "Bloody Ferraris" as we went our separate ways :mrgreen:

My last manager had to work from home one day for the precise reason that his car was rear wheel drive (XF)

It was snowing, and he lives out in the sticks somewhere. He said he was coming out of his villagee and the road goes from an extremely narrow 1 track road and widens up as it goes up a hill.

So he gunned it to get up the hill, but got stuck halfway. So then he tried to do a 3 point turn half way up the hill. This only succeeded in getting himsideways and then send him sliding back down the hill sideways.

He ended up sideways in the really narrow part of the road, unable to move because he was nose to tail with the hedges lining the road, like that classic Austin Powers bit. Had to get the AA to come and tow him out.

Oh how I laughed

Yeah I do laugh at Beemers et al when the snow comes. You'd be surprised (or perhaps not) at how many Beemer drivers either a) don't realise their car is rear wheel drive or B) don't realise the consequences/differences of having a RWD car.

Not blowing my trumpet but I'd be a fairly handy driver in tricky conditions, so I'd like to have a shot in the snow in a 4WD at some point.

Whatever about people slowing down in the rain, they go completely to pot in the snow.

My cousins invited me out for the first time ever. Basically they just want me to be my brother's designated driver. To Hell with them!

I'm going to save up and buy myself a nice set of Chinese relatives.

This thread was nearly on page 2 !!

Anyhoo ...

The fact people use 'Delf' when we have a 'Delph' in the team. The amount of illiteracy on the forum means you can't be sure whether someone is referring to Delfouneso or are mis-spelling Delph. The laziness annoys me, particularly when we've a perfectly good abbreviation for Delfouneso in Fonz.

The fact people use 'Delf' when we have a 'Delph' in the team. The amount of illiteracy on the forum means you can't be sure whether someone is referring to Delfouneso or are mis-spelling Delph. The laziness annoys me, particularly when we've a perfectly good abbreviation for Delfouneso in Fonz.

Only just seen this.

I'm refusing to comment in the thread, until its changed.

Only just seen this.

"it's"

:winkold:

A certain VT poster that posts in the early hours of the morning and appears to post in every visible thread.

Meaning that every morning I see all these threads showing the same poster's name as the 'last entry'.

Only just seen this.

"it's"

:winkold:

:oops:

A certain VT poster that posts in the early hours of the morning and appears to post in every visible thread.

Meaning that every morning I see all these threads showing the same poster's name as the 'last entry'.

I just tend to try and ignore it. :nod:

I should have reworded my post.. it's not the poster that pisses me off, it's just the early morning attack of thread posts!

:twisted:

I just tend to try and ignore it. :nod:

I should have reworded my post.. it's not the poster that pisses me off, it's just the early morning attach of thread posts!

:twisted:

Ahh, ok :)

When someone has two different voices.

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but there's a guy I work with and at times he will talk in a normal voice. A happy voice that I've heard him use when he's on lunch, having a laugh, or out of work having a drink.

THEN... There's another voice he occasionally uses, which appears to be when he's in 'professional mode'... It drops down to a lower tone, he sounds more serious. It sounds like the world is on his shoulders, maybe because his voicebox is temporarily being controlled by the spirit of Louis Armstrong.

It's a problem on my part, hence it being in this thread, but when he uses his professional voice, I just want to punch him in the face.

Â