Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

It's going to be ok Wiggy. Just breathe.

My grandparents are getting up there in age and while they *especially my papa* are doing well they need a little more help. My nan has been sickly but is recovering *slowly* with good days and bad days. I work A LOT and still make sure to go see them at least 3 days a week. My younger sister helps usually once a week. What pisses me off is that these two people have done so much for everyone in our family and NO ONE else comes to help them. My mom, uncle, first cousins that they helped raise...NO ONE!!! What they actually do is argue over inheritance like they are already dead. It disgusts me. My mom hasn't **** worked in 10 years and they STILL help pay for her lifestyle but she can't come over once a week to help out?!?! My uncle owns his own business and makes his own hours yet he can't make time for them?!?!?! My cousin has been retired for 12 years. She usually complains about how bored she is but yet again never showed yesterday when she said she would. I don't understand how people can be so heartless, shallow, and greedy. I hate the topic "who gets what when they die" I want to cry every time it gets brought up. The ONLY thing my sister and I asked for (because my grandparents made us tell them something) was my papas record collection. My sister gets one ring from my nan and I get one. Everything else, property, cars, jewelry, antiques, money, furniture all goes to be divided between the greedy folk and my uncle who can't stop by was furious that he doesn't get the records and my mom demanded the ring my nan wanted to give me. It literally turns my stomach. I want to cuss them all out and be done but what keeps getting my nan a trip to the hospital is anxiety attacks. I don't want her to get worked up. She already had an episode yesterday so I had to leave work to calm her down. It really scared me and none of them even called her back!!!!

I'm sorry for the rant. Just really pissed off!!!!!!!

The way I'm wired, I would have a hard time not telling every one of them precisely what you've just told us. I would want them to know just how greedy they are all being, and that even if they are going to fight over what they want, the least they could do is earn it right up until the day that they are all clearly yearning for actually arrives. It disgusts me too that people can do that. 'Stuff' doesn't really matter. You'll never get the people back. I bet the same **** will be front row bawling their eyes out at the funerals which I hope are absolute years and years into the future.

However as we are in the situation *these asterisks* annoy me a lot…. All those words need is to be between comma… I wouldn’t have much of a problem with brackets. There are already 2 sets of punctuation you could use, why have you invented your own?

I'm not sure I agree, the words need to be italicised. She uses them to add emphasis not to quote or as an aside.

Anyway, I'm not a grammar hero or anything, but I think it's okay because you know what she means when she uses them.

My grandparents are getting up there in age and while they *especially my papa* are doing well they need a little more help. My nan has been sickly but is recovering *slowly* with good days and bad days. I work A LOT and still make sure to go see them at least 3 days a week. My younger sister helps usually once a week. What pisses me off is that these two people have done so much for everyone in our family and NO ONE else comes to help them. My mom, uncle, first cousins that they helped raise...NO ONE!!! What they actually do is argue over inheritance like they are already dead. It disgusts me. My mom hasn't **** worked in 10 years and they STILL help pay for her lifestyle but she can't come over once a week to help out?!?! My uncle owns his own business and makes his own hours yet he can't make time for them?!?!?! My cousin has been retired for 12 years. She usually complains about how bored she is but yet again never showed yesterday when she said she would. I don't understand how people can be so heartless, shallow, and greedy. I hate the topic "who gets what when they die" I want to cry every time it gets brought up. The ONLY thing my sister and I asked for (because my grandparents made us tell them something) was my papas record collection. My sister gets one ring from my nan and I get one. Everything else, property, cars, jewelry, antiques, money, furniture all goes to be divided between the greedy folk and my uncle who can't stop by was furious that he doesn't get the records and my mom demanded the ring my nan wanted to give me. It literally turns my stomach. I want to cuss them all out and be done but what keeps getting my nan a trip to the hospital is anxiety attacks. I don't want her to get worked up. She already had an episode yesterday so I had to leave work to calm her down. It really scared me and none of them even called her back!!!!

The way I'm wired, I would have a hard time not telling every one of them precisely what you've just told us. I would want them to know just how greedy they are all being, and that even if they are going to fight over what they want, the least they could do is earn it right up until the day that they are all clearly yearning for actually arrives. It disgusts me too that people can do that. 'Stuff' doesn't really matter. You'll never get the people back. I bet the same **** will be front row bawling their eyes out at the funerals which I hope are absolute years and years into the future.

That's exactly what the stress is. I want to badly. I did finally get the chance to call everyone and yell at them one day. But my nan gets so worked up if she finds out about it. And THEY are type to bring it to her attention knowing it upsets her. So for her and for my papas stress levels I don't say much anymore. Although I did let my papa know if it continues or gets worse I won't be able to contain how I feel. Also, I can promise you they will definitely be VERY dramatic when it all comes apart.

Zak, this has been mentioned before, I forget who mentioned it. However, I can say I'm sorry it bothered you but PV is right in how I meant it to be taken. At the end of the day I suppose it's just what I do.

This is so similar to a situation in my family it is quite scary. From experience what will unfortunately happen is when they do die, the family will just explode and people will go there own separate ways and not speak to eachother again. Any ill feeling that built up over the years will now come to the fore and could lead to people being permanently cut off. Its a shame but just remember these kind of issues happen in all families to one extent or another.

That's exactly what the stress is. I want to badly. I did finally get the chance to call everyone and yell at them one day. But my nan gets so worked up if she finds out about it. And THEY are type to bring it to her attention knowing it upsets her. So for her and for my papas stress levels I don't say much anymore. Although I did let my papa know if it continues or gets worse I won't be able to contain how I feel. Also, I can promise you they will definitely be VERY dramatic when it all comes apart.

It's all about communication; and in this case your communication. It's how you get it across to them that they're greedy but also how you warn them that in no way is your chastising of their selfishness and greed ever to get back to your grandparents because they have enough on their plate.

The above also depends on how close you are to your family. If you're not particularly close and you don't care whether it results in a falling out then go **** nuts. If however you are close to these people and you are now seeing a temporary ugly side but you don't want to fall out long term (families are great eh?) then you might have to judge how circumspect you need to be :mrgreen:

In that family situation, I'd like to think if I were the the grandparents, I'd let everyone bicker over what they are getting when I'm gone, and quietly write them all out of the will before I snuff it. Leave the house to people like ME who are being nice, and the rest of them get a ton of manure delivered to their drive paid for from the estate.

I have to agree with Blunther. Its as if some of them are waiting for the death so they can get the possessions they want. Sounds like a sad story, hope it works out, but from my experences and from friends I know it usually doesn't.

I know them all well enough to know what will happen long term. They can all kiss it though because genetically speaking my nan and especially my papa have a good chance of living quite a few years longer. @Blunther, it's sweet to say I should get anything but trust me, I wouldn't want it. My family would probably plot my death almost immediately! @BOF, I'm not that close to any of them, but they would (out of spite) <-----[For Zak, I won't remember to do this often.] tell my nan IF I yelled at them as deserved. I am not worried about what will happen between all of us. Just don't want it upsetting my grandparents or hurting my sister. My uncle actually tried to make me feel bad by saying I am getting all of his stuff when he goes, I told him to keep it. I just don't like thinking of the people I love being dead. I realise it's inevitable but it's nothing I want to ever look forward to. @Voinjama, either way it will work out. My grandparents know my sister and I love them and if they need me I'm there. In the end I know that's what really matters, just had to chat about all of it because I can't stand how my family operates. It was all very similar when my dads parents passed away. I just stayed out of it then. This is a little closer to home because these grandparents helped raise me. Thanks for the chat guys. Actually made me feel a little better to vent. I Appreciate it.

ME, I lost my grandad last week, and he passed away with his sons and daughters not talking with each other over a frickin' inheritance. I think you're doing the right thing. As much as it might be tempting to unleash at the people in the wrong, they are probably so entrench in their views and their sense of entitlement that it could end in a divide that would hurt your grandparents a lot.

Just take satisfaction in the fact that you are not like that. If they really, really want these 'things', let them have them. And in (hopefully many) years to come when your Nana has passed you'll be so glad you chose your Nana's love over her possessions, it'll mean so much more.

cleaned the boys fish tank last night

put it all back together and the pump didn't work ... checked the fuses all the obvious stuff , no dice .. dismantled the filter /pump ..nope nothing

left it in the tank anyway switched on ..went to work this morning it was still as dead as Ed Millibands PM prospects

come home from work tonight ,pump is working perfectly

happy i don't have to go and buy a new pump ..but pissed off that it went all Lazarus on me

I know them all well enough to know what will happen long term. They can all kiss it though because genetically speaking my nan and especially my papa have a good chance of living quite a few years longer. @Blunther, it's sweet to say I should get anything but trust me, I wouldn't want it. My family would probably plot my death almost immediately! @BOF, I'm not that close to any of them, but they would (out of spite) <-----[For Zak, I won't remember to do this often.] tell my nan IF I yelled at them as deserved. I am not worried about what will happen between all of us. Just don't want it upsetting my grandparents or hurting my sister. My uncle actually tried to make me feel bad by saying I am getting all of his stuff when he goes, I told him to keep it. I just don't like thinking of the people I love being dead. I realise it's inevitable but it's nothing I want to ever look forward to. @Voinjama, either way it will work out. My grandparents know my sister and I love them and if they need me I'm there. In the end I know that's what really matters, just had to chat about all of it because I can't stand how my family operates. It was all very similar when my dads parents passed away. I just stayed out of it then. This is a little closer to home because these grandparents helped raise me. Thanks for the chat guys. Actually made me feel a little better to vent. I Appreciate it.

ME, your situation seems almost identical to that with my Mums parents, bar the fact that it just seems like it is my direct family (mum, dad, two sisters) that give a shit and the rest are just out to get 'theirs'. About three-four years ago now my Mum's stepdad who has always been great to our family and treated us like his own started getting very sick to the point where he was living pretty normally and then all of a sudden he could no longer live without a live-in nurse and then eventually it got bad enough that he had to be moved to a nursing home. Throughout this whole decline nobody in my Mum's side of the family or in his side (his biological kids from previous marriage) were willing to do anything if it was not to their benefit. However, my direct family who happens to live 1.5 hours drive from my grandparents (while the others live in the local vicinity) was there taking them to the doctors, looking after their house and doing chores, and at the end of his time visiting my Grandfather in the hospital. All the while Uncles and other relatives were busy discussing what would be done with his assets and counting what they would get out of his death. Well suffice to say he eventually did pass away but when he did, all those bastards got a real shock. Apparently my grandfather was more aware than we thought to this and in his will left all those who did nothing for him pretty much **** all. While everything we did for him was out of love and we never had a desire for getting any of his possessions, it was great to see the world balance itself out a bit. Unfortunately, my grandmum seems to be possibly declining abit, kinda up and down, but hopefully we will not see this ordeal again, but at the end of the day there are always those greedy people and what I have found best and what I have told my mum as well in the past is just ignore them and at the end of the day take pride that you truly love your family and do the best you can for them. At least that is enough for me.

Speaking of adverts. The "Pearl Du Lait" adverts. Do they realy expect people to believe that a yoghurt will make them more beautiful?

And second to that, people who think a yoghurt will make them more beautiful!

Actually... all current yoghurt adverts **** me off. The modus operandi du jour seems to be convincing people that the yoghurts are not, in fact, yoghurts. These **** people, I tell you; whomever dreams up this shit, Auschwitz would be too soft a punishment for.

@PV and Lockstock, thank you guys. I do feel better knowing that at least they have my sister and I. I think they feel better knowing they have us. It's just seeing how much they have done and still do for my family and seeing no one help them. But I do feel better. You guys are right. At least they know I love them. :)

Â