Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Invasion of personal space.

At work there's a conference room right behind my desk. So my back is to it and it's about 3 metres away.

But it means that often people on their way out of a meeting or waiting around before they go into a meeting mill around outside the conference room to chat. So I often have a crowd of people stood right behind me (and I mean RIGHT behind me) talking and it really **** me off.

I've even had one guy perch on the end of my desk as he was having a conversation. I was very close to telling him to **** off, but I managed to be polite.

Anyway, this really pisses me off.

At work there's a conference room right behind my desk. So my back is to it and it's about 3 metres away.

But it means that often people on their way out of a meeting or waiting around before they go into a meeting mill around outside the conference room to chat. So I often have a crowd of people stood right behind me (and I mean RIGHT behind me) talking and it really **** me off.

I've even had one guy perch on the end of my desk as he was having a conversation. I was very close to telling him to **** off, but I managed to be polite.

This would drive me insane. I would do my best to find a nice way to say it but each and every time I would let people know I'm trying to work and they are distracting me, until they finally realise they need to go away. I can't stand it when people hover! Maybe you should fart on them. I could never do that as it's not lady like and the thought is kinda nasty...but I bet if you fart they will go away. :winkold:

This would drive me insane. I would do my best to find a nice way to say it but each and every time I would let people know I'm trying to work and they are distracting me, until they finally realise they need to go away. I can't stand it when people hover! Maybe you should fart on them. I could never do that as it's not lady like and the thought is kinda nasty...but I bet if you fart they will go away. :winkold:

Presumably you have a chair with wheels? You could do the old 'reverse into them' trick, claiming to not know they were there, as you had your back to them.

Both good advice, i'll try it all :D

The other thing is there's a guy sitting opposite me, obviously, but our row of desks is quite long so to actually stand next to him requires you to walk from my desk all the way round the desks to the other side.

Which often results in people standing right next to me or leaning over my desk to talk to this guy.

Our desks are pretty big so it's not like they're on top of me or anything, but again it really annoys me.

GET OFF MY **** DESK!

Hamster on Total Wipeout. I only watch it for the lovely "three, two, onnnnnnneeee" Amanda you understand.

He's not even a real hamster

'a cowardly man, trapped between two different forms of cowardice.'

Actually... all current yoghurt adverts f*ck me off. The modus operandi du jour seems to be convincing people that the yoghurts are not, in fact, yoghurts. These fu*cking people, I tell you; whomever dreams up this sh1t, Auschwitz would be too soft a punishment for.

You can apply this to all adverts, they're all pish. Can anyone remember a decent, funny, intelligent advert, i can't! It got me thinking, I would imagine that working for an advertisement agency, and creating ad campaigns would be a highly desirable job. As such, for any vacancy, there would be a glut of applications. Following the logic through, there must be some talented, creative people that apply, and thus the cream of the crop would be recruited, but still the adverts are gash. Why is that?

I can only surmise that there are talented people producing decent adverts and concepts, but they never get selected by the commissioning company, as they want something that appeals to the lowest common denominator, that shifts the most units of what ever tat they are pedaling. This annoys me further.

Even the very best adverts are only entertaining the first couple of times you see them. For the next ten thousand iterations they are ALL **** ANNOYING.

I would love to live in a world where all unsolicited advertising is banned.

Ads that have music I like get a free pass. Couple months back I was actively looking forward to Oxfam adverts. The current Volvo V40 ad also turned me on to a band I'd never heard before.

Radox / Little Comets / Dancing Song :thumb:

Â