Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

“Anti-hero” is good. 

I’m not a fan of the cult of Swift which somehow makes its way to me through cultural osmosis. Both her and Beyoncé seem to have a fan base in which they are deemed completely flawless and anyone who doesn’t love them unconditionally is scum. Sub human scum.

I’m sure that exists for various acts in all industries, but from the outside looking in it feels far more prevalent with Swift and Beyoncé. It’s wasn’t quite there to the same extent with say, Rihanna or Katy Perry. Maybe a bit with GaGa, in fairness.

The Taylor Swift hype is weird, because she’s not a very good singer at all (away from auto-tune). She doesn’t really dance either. Not especially pretty or sexy (cos sex sells of course).

She absolutely fleeces her fans of outrageous sums of money for the same songs over and over again. Concert tickets highest ever in history.

Then even when she’s not touring she’s zig zagging all over America in her private jet.

But the media love her 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Taylor Swift fans (not you @Seat68)

Jebus, some of the dumbest people put on this earth

"How am I going to get home from the Taylor Swift Concert"

"Where can I park for the...."

"How do I get to Liverpool for the..."

"Where can I stay for the..."

and that's without the rest of the bollocks I already hated about them and their 16 versions of a shite record that never get played on their Crossley. Hell I even saw one the other day that had a TS carboard promo stand from HMV or somewhere to house every version of the one record in their bedroom

Can we forcibly send them to Rwanda, I honestly wouldn't moan about that, they deserve no better

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Personally I'd suck the farts out of her arse given half the chance.

buerk-disgusting.gif

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Oh shake it off, in your wildest dreams. I knew you were trouble.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

She’s basically Beyoncé but lacking the street cred, genuine roots in the genre, and a discernible arse.

Jay-Z has street cred, at least as I see it. If Beyoncé does, it's purely borrowed -- she was a sort of nerdy arts and church choir kid from a pretty loving middle-class Houston family. Swift on the other hand was a total rich kid, from Doylestown (I live near)-- something like a Hampstead or Richmond?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bickster said:

It seems like most of her fans use their brain capacity to control breathing

Her latest is just so awful. Beggars belief somebody wrote those lyrics. Stuff like: "My friends used to play a game where/We would pick a decade/We wished we could live in instead of this/I'd say the 1830s but without all the racists." (Why am I even bothering to put metrical line breaks in that shit?)

The unearned bland world-weary title of the album makes a mockery of thousands of actual serious poets, many of whom struggle to pay the bills, etc. and who are already ridiculed by their loud uncles and basically all of Trumpamerica.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

The only thing I know about Taylor Swift is that she likes to write songs about her ex boyfriends and why they broke up.

I’m sure she’d rhyme fart with apart.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The only thing I know about Taylor Swift is that she likes to write songs about her ex boyfriends and why they broke up.

I’m sure she’d rhyme fart with apart.

Maybe these ex-boyfriends aren't prepared to go to the lengths I'm prepared to, hence they get dumped.

• Haha 2

bit late to the TS party but  I saw her once on the  Graham Norton show .. she appeared to be as thick as mince , but also came across as a  pretty decent woman 

To say she isn't attractive  is something I never though I'd read on the internet  , whilst sucking her farts is most definitely something I knew I would read on the internet 

I know one song of hers as my daughter did a recording session  birthday party a few years ago and a TS song was what they sung and were taught the dance moves for the video 

not a fan , but certainly better than anything The Fall ever released 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

not a fan , but certainly better than anything The Fall ever released 

The issue isn’t the music but you are clearly wrong :D 

Taylor Swift is 34 years old, yet plays the teenage heartbroken princess all the time. I guess she knows what sells and what her fans like. The fact she releases multiple slightly different versions of the same album must be a nightmare for collectors. 

That being said, she gave all the truckers who helped on her last tour, a cheque for $100k each, which was a thoroughly nice thing to do. 

• Like 1

Â