Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I was thinking of getting a cleaner, then I thought ‘hang the **** on a minute, I could find an hour a week, do my own cleaning, and then buy some records’.

You can't clean a modest 3 bed house in an hour a week.

I know because I spend more than that time cleaning and the place is a **** shithole. 

I think I could spend close to an hour just giving the kitchen and bathroom a proper clean never mind the rest of the house. I should get a cleaner.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I used to have a cleaner then I realised I was comfortable wallowing in my own filth. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You can't clean a modest 3 bed house in an hour a week.

I know because I spend more than that time cleaning and the place is a **** shithole. 

I think I could spend close to an hour just giving the kitchen and bathroom a proper clean never mind the rest of the house. I should get a cleaner.

I’m not going to try and tell other people how to do their housework. But wouldn’t you just clean the kitchen whilst cooking, and doing the dishes? Wouldn’t you just spend 30 minutes running a vacuum around on a Sunday?

I mean, even if it took an hour every other day, are we really that time poor we literally don’t have a spare hour whilst in our own house? If you work an 80 hour week surely you’re not home making a mess? If you’re working a 40 hour week what are you doing every evening and all weekend?

I can’t see the ‘need’ for a cleaner, but I can see a ‘desire’ for someone else to do it. Fair enough if you just think, ya know what, I’d rather spend £40 than hoover and clean the shower. As I say, personally, I’d clean up my own house and spend my money on nicer things. But hey, until I seize power it’s still a free country.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’are we really that time poor we literally don’t have a spare hour whilst in our own house? 

I think 3 years ago, I'd have agreed with you. These days it gets to the point where the little one goes to sleep, and I collapse just celebrating that I've survived another day :D

I live in the same house I bought when I was a single bloke. I cleaned for about 20 minutes a week. Bleach the bathroom, quick disinfectant wipe around the kitchen, job done. Then I got some cats and I had to vacuum every 3 or 4 days instead of once a month. Then I got a partner and jesus **** christ other humans are messy.

Then I started working from home, and **** hell, my office cleaners were doing a good job, because that 40 hour week now has me making a massive mess in my own space.

I've also got to the point in my life where it feels necessary to occasionally dust the skirting boards, polish the mirrors and remove the cobwebs from light fittings, the job list constantly expands but the amount of precious free time only ever reduces.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

Some jobs take disproportionally longer to do a reasonable job on. 

Vacuuming the floors, fine, easy. It’s about ten minutes once or twice a week on the ground floor. Slightly less often above that. 

Dusting, see above. Basically all jobs, see above.

When I’m cleaning my shower…that’s the time I find myself thinking about the cost-benefit of having someone come in just for that job. It’s always this wondering about if I paid someone for an hour to just clean it, how much better could they get it looking, while I’m staring at the stubborn watermarks on the glass that refuse to budge.

It is always a matter of choice though, I think it's only fair to admit that the place would be **** spotless if I was willing to eat into my vigorous schedule of shitposting on the internet

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It is always a matter of choice though, I think it's only fair to admit that the place would be **** spotless if I was willing to eat into my vigorous schedule of shitposting on the internet

And I would concede it’s a lot easier keeping the place tidy when there are 2 of us and we spend most of our time asleep or out of the house.

5 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Asking for a friend, but where could one locate such a clip?

I'll try and track it down tomorrow, just recovering from a successful dose of Shrooms :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

100% understand where you’re coming from 

5 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Flying nation's flags upsidedown

it’s flown that way if the ship is sinking, what’s your point?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

One of my pet hates, is a unclean, cluttered house.

spacer.png

17 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I was thinking of getting a cleaner, then I thought ‘hang the **** on a minute, I could find an hour a week, do my own cleaning, and then buy some records’.

Ahhh but my thinking is I could clean the house or get an extra 2 hours a week to play PS5 😃

Never had a cleaner, but had a gardener and what a difference that makes for the money. Wouldn't go without now.

As for cleaning, I have my own place with a lodger, we're both of similar age, both bachelors, it's a lifestyle not too different to Men Behaving Badly. I realised that setting a 15 minute timer every morning before work to do any cleaning was the most efficient way (for me) to stay on top of things. Parkinson's Law at action. And it scratches an OCD itch too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The Championship Play Off being the last game of the domestic season. It should be and always be the FA Cup

Just another way to devalue it and reinforce that The Premier League is more important than actually winning something. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just another way to devalue it and reinforce that The Premier League is more important than actually winning something. 

Doesn’t help when sky keeps touting it as the “Richest game in the country”

30 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The Championship Play Off being the last game of the domestic season. It should be and always be the FA Cup

Sold our soul to UEFA and their CL, can't get in the way of their big event at the wembley cash cow next weekend 

58 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Never had a cleaner, but had a gardener and what a difference that makes for the money. Wouldn't go without now.

As for cleaning, I have my own place with a lodger, we're both of similar age, both bachelors, it's a lifestyle not too different to Men Behaving Badly. I realised that setting a 15 minute timer every morning before work to do any cleaning was the most efficient way (for me) to stay on top of things. Parkinson's Law at action. And it scratches an OCD itch too.

Do you both get plenty of pussy like in the program?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Sold our soul to UEFA and their CL, can't get in the way of their big event at the wembley cash cow next weekend 

Oh I don’t mind the CL final being the last game of the European season. 

just feels odd having essentially a 3rd place game in the championship ending the English season. The FA cup is the bigger game and should take the “leaving moment” 

Â