Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Perfect for this thread - menus that are on TV screens behind the till and they change to the next page when you’re halfway through reading. Pisses me right off.

Anyway, that’s why I took this photo in the Holte the other week..

IMG_2750.jpeg.c73b737ad0bd87e00931751a99413037.jpeg

I felt a bit silly that I didn’t realise the butter chicken I’d eaten was vegan until I saw this photo again the next day. 

This is a rubbish photo because all you can see is popadom, but I really enjoyed it, would smash again.

IMG_2749.jpeg.6174e55d0897f1b8dfbcd039b73ac629.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Perfect for this thread - menus that are on TV screens behind the till and they change to the next page when you’re halfway through reading. Pisses me right off.

IMG_2750.jpeg.c73b737ad0bd87e00931751a99413037.jpeg

I felt a bit silly that I didn’t realise the butter chicken I’d eaten was vegan until I saw this photo again the next day. 

This is a rubbish photo because all you can see is popadom, but I really enjoyed it, would smash again.

Where does it say it’s Vegan?

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

Where does it say it’s Vegan?

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

At the bottom 

Nah, that just says it doesn’t take the piss out of vegans to their face

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Why are you eating it in a bathroom?

Posted (edited)

Feel cheated out of a weekend. Been ill and in discomfort/pain all weekend. Missed the nice weather and barely slept as I've been in agony.

Feel quite angry about it all. 

Edited by Xela
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Feel cheated out of a weekend. Been ill and in discomfort/pain all weekend. Missed the nice and weather and barely slept as I've been in agony.

Chin up. Book a few days off next time the weather looks good 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Feel cheated out of a weekend. Been ill and in discomfort/pain all weekend. Missed the nice weather and barely slept as I've been in agony.

You feeling any better now Al ? Got any plans to get it checked out at the docs ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sorry to hear that mate. If you aren’t 100% tomorrow take a day off and chill.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why are you eating it in a bathroom?

That’s where we have to eat now since they built the terrace view.

It’s not all bad though, you can wash your hands in the urinal after.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

That’s where we have to eat now since they built the terrace view.

It’s not all bad though, you can wash your hands in the urinal after.

You have a urinal to was your hands in? LUXURY!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Me too, I suspect I've had covid again, at least it's felt the same as when I had it before.  

• Sad 1

On 18/05/2024 at 18:34, sidcow said:

They can make the seats out of what they like, it's the stupid name. 

And actually looking at the number of cows that are slaughtered each year regardless, providing the raw material for actual leather, I wouldn't be at all surprised if "Vegan" leather is worse for the environment.  How much oil based materials go into it? How much heat is used in the production process? What chemicals go into it and what is the production process for those chemicals? 

I bet no one asks these questions. They just state it's vegan Leather and loads of people feel they've ticked a bit green box.   If they called it leather effect polyurethane I bet a few more questions might be asked about their green credentials. 

I imagine a lot of veganism is down to not wanting to kill animals rather than a total environmental thing - although obviously that comes into it too, to an extent.

It’s also ridiculously sad how angry people get over it :D

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Me too, I suspect I've had covid again, at least it's felt the same as when I had it before.  

My lad was poorly all last week. It was VERY much like covid symptoms. Quite a few off ill at school too. Something going around for sure.

He hasn’t quite shaken the cough off fully yet but the rest has gone mainly now.

Edited by Genie

49 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I imagine a lot of veganism is down to not wanting to kill animals rather than a total environmental thing - although obviously that comes into it too, to an extent.

It’s also ridiculously sad how angry people get over it :D

Also the "gotchas" from people are hilarious.

HAHAHAHAHA avocados are actually worse for the environment than eating chicken! You idiots! It's all pointless!!!

Good for you.

• Like 1

Taylor Swift fans (not you @Seat68)

Jebus, some of the dumbest people put on this earth

"How am I going to get home from the Taylor Swift Concert"

"Where can I park for the...."

"How do I get to Liverpool for the..."

"Where can I stay for the..."

and that's without the rest of the bollocks I already hated about them and their 16 versions of a shite record that never get played on their Crossley. Hell I even saw one the other day that had a TS carboard promo stand from HMV or somewhere to house every version of the one record in their bedroom

Can we forcibly send them to Rwanda, I honestly wouldn't moan about that, they deserve no better

• Like 2

Â