Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Thanks for your kind words gents. Will be avoiding sad country music songs for the next few days, which is easier said than done, trust me. 

Keep it surf punk for a little while.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2024 at 18:33, sharkyvilla said:

I've got a bollocksy team building/training day tomorrow.  I'd rather wipe my arse with a cactus than go to it.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47gsjt730ur4ir8ravwu

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I assume he’s in A&E, the kinky sod.

He must have felt a right prick. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47gsjt730ur4ir8ravwu

It was actually alright.  At no point did they really try and make it fun, which is what I really hate about these things normally.  Sandwiches were alright and I found some pastries on the way to the toilet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It was actually alright.  At no point did they really try and make it fun, which is what I really hate about these things normally.  Sandwiches were alright and I found some panties on the way to the toilet.

Someone must have been really desperate.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It was actually alright.  At no point did they really try and make it fun, which is what I really hate about these things normally.  Sandwiches were alright and I found some pastries on the way to the toilet.

They've never as bad as you fear. Sometimes quite enjoyable!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

They've never as bad as you fear. Sometimes quite enjoyable!

I went on one years ago and the company running it had actors embedded into the group. A couple were right dicks, confrontational and annoying. We learned at the end it was part of the training to see how the group managed them.

We did one a few years ago for all the senior people in the office.

It was at an outdoor activity centre and we were assured we wouldn't get wet so no one brought any suitable clothing for getting wet. I was especially questioning of this as we were going out on the piss afterwards and I wanted specifically to know if I needed to change. 

So it turned out we had to build a bridge over a river with some wooden blocks and pioneering poles.  As I was the only one in my group who knew how to do lashings this all fell down to me. It was bloody hot and a clearly impossible task. I was absolutely knackered by the time they suddenly told us we were no longer trying to bridge the river but build a raft to sail down it.

I was so pissed off. I should have spotted something was amiss because it was so impossible to bridge the river with what we had. 

Anyway, I put together the best raft I could with my flagging strength and flat refused to get on it. It fell apart.  I didn't give a shit. 

Why specifically say we're not getting wet when we very much were?

• Haha 4

Â