Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

The now almost constant use of phrases like "low block" which was and always has been "sitting deep", the word "funeral" when used in the context of "we are gonna funeral Burnley etc"....

Seems to be everywhere. Just a minor annoyance and not as bad as "litererally" or "my bad", but still irritating.

ross-pivot-friends.gif

3 hours ago, bickster said:

But who in their right mind, that didn't have kids would want to go on holiday in August? Prices through the feckin roof.

Woman I used to work with always did this. Just her and her husband. Mental.

Go September, far cheaper, room at bars and restaurants and room round the pool/beaches. 

It's insane to go school holidays unless you absolutely have to. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Go September, far cheaper, room at bars and restaurants and room round the pool/beaches. 

Most places in Europe are stupidly hot in August too, even the UK recently.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Retired couple that used to live opposite my folks. Barely went out in the week. Their car never moved. Did their weekly 'big shop' on a Saturday lunchtime, at Asda Minworth. Busier than Wembley toilets at that time. Mental. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Retired couple that used to live opposite my folks. Barely went out in the week. Their car never moved. Did their weekly 'big shop' on a Saturday lunchtime, at Asda Minworth. Busier than Wembley toilets at that time. Mental. 

Asda Minworth. Many happy memories. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Asda Minworth. Many happy memories. 

Of what exactly?

Crowds?

Shopping trolleys?

Shagging in the car park at 5am with the girl from the bakery section?

:suspect:

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep I'm in the wife's a teacher club too

I was too but she’s semi retired now, that’s why we’re going on holiday next week 😎

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Of what exactly?

Crowds?

Shopping trolleys?

Just mooching around staring in open eyed wonderment at such a gigantic store.  It's still unfeasibly massive even by today's standards. 

Unfortunately the first time I ever went there was with the current Mrs Sidcow so regrettably the only delights I enjoyed from the bakery girl was a creamed horn in private back at home. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

the first time I ever went there was with the current Mrs Sidcow

It sounds like you have spare Mrs Sidcow's stashed somewhere :D 

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Are they just covering the deletion of a shit post but don’t know how to use hide?

You can’t talk about moderation here, but on another messageboard, let’s call it Cottage Chatter, the head honcho let’s call him Dipmil, gave me a bollocking about leaving just a full stop and then showed me the wonders of the ‘hide’ function, available top right of each post. On this other messageboard.

I thought it was a current trend, like a text version of a mic drop. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I thought it was a current trend, like a text version of a mic drop. 

Could just be a bit of grit on your screen. Is it still there after you’ve scrolled?

15 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Of what exactly?

Ah i see you've also had your fill of that particular delight. Welcome to the club.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Could just be a bit of grit on your screen. Is it still there after you’ve scrolled?

On 08/01/2024 at 13:53, Paddywhack said:

At work, there can only be a certain amount of people off on annual leave at any one time. Makes sense, so in January they get everyone to request their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th choices to make it fair. 

I have kids and my wife’s a teacher, so I always want 2 weeks off in the summer. Last year I put the first 2 weeks in August as my first choice and the last 2 weeks of August as my second choice.

I was told I couldn’t have 4 weeks off in August. I said I didn’t want 4 weeks off, that’s my 1st and 2nd choice. They said this isn’t how this works. I said that’s EXACTLY how 1st and 2nd choice should work.

So this year I’ve put the last 2 weeks of August as my first choice. If I can’t have that because there’s already too many people off, at least I’ll get my 2nd choice of…February half term. Makes PERFECT sense.

Ah, I see the problem. You're talking to a **** moron. Surely there's a superior involved who can grasp the admittedly massively complicated logic involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Finally!!! So that’s how the holes get in the donughts !

• Haha 3

Â