Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 08/01/2024 at 19:19, sidcow said:

Asda Minworth. Many happy memories. 

My Mom used to work there... back when it was Carrefour in the 80s, and then Gateway, which was what it became afterwards. Used to see a lot of the Villa players there in the late 80s, as many lived in the new builds in Walmley. Back when a footballers salary was ok enough for a 3 bed Barratt Home! 

Remember seeing Derek Mountfield down there wearing a shocking Savile-esque shellsuit! Before getting into his company Rover, which had his name plastered down the side! Venglos as well, with his translator, purchasing cold meats from the deli counter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

My Mom used to work there... back when it was Carrefour in the 80s, and then Gateway, which was what it became afterwards. Used to see a lot of the Villa players there in the late 80s, as many lived in the new builds in Walmley. Back when a footballers salary was ok enough for a 3 bed Barratt Home! 

Remember seeing Derek Mountfield down there wearing a shocking Savile-esque shellsuit! Before getting into his company Rover, which had his name plastered down the side! Venglos as well, with his translator, purchasing cold meats from the deli counter. 

Even then most of them just gave the Rovers to their mates. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Even then most of them just gave the Rovers to their mates. 

Colliers Rover wasn't it? Was it my imagination, or did they used to drive the cars around the pitch at half time?! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

Colliers Rover wasn't it? Was it my imagination, or did they used to drive the cars around the pitch at half time?! 

They did. Metro, maestro and montego cars at half time and sometimes before the game, hazard lights on.

I also remember watching an increasingly impatient Kent Nielsen in the queue at asda Minworth....all he had in his hand was a bunch of leafy green veg but the ol biddie in front of him was tw@tting about wondering whether to pay cash or by card !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

We used to go to Savacentre in Oldbury every Saturday.

Distant memories of grim Saturdays in November, sitting in the back of the car, parents bickering in the front while the rain pelted down on the way to Savacentre. Hoping that I'd hear the WM siren and it would be the Villa scoring. Simpler times.

Love that horn! 

• Like 1

I wish I'd never had this stupid idea of having a birthday party. Organisational nightmare. It's like I'm back at work trying to manage a particularly annoying project. Room bookings, deposits, decorations, special catering needs, band, gear access, accomodation for people coming from distance, multiple methods of contact (WhatsApp, FB Messenger, SMS, email, word of mouth), people who keep changing their minds (or don't reply promptly). Spreadsheets. 

It'll be fun, they said. Once this is over, never again. 

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

and just like that a new father-son relationship was started.

I would laugh, but I sometimes sport a beard and longish hair as well 😲

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

75sT.gif

Well I meant the band's equipment, but actually some class A's are starting to look appealing. 

• Haha 1

The lottery lured me in with a “double rollover” email so I played yesterday.

This morning, THE email, “you’ve won a prize”. Obviously, we’ve all had them but for the couple of minutes it’s quite exciting.

I log in, I’ve won £30. Nice, I checked how it’s possible, did I get 3 numbers 3x?

Nope, I got 4 numbers once.

Didnt 4 numbers used to be something good? Like a grand, or at least a hundred?

It’s profit on the night but feels a bit like a piss take.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

This morning, THE email, “you’ve won a prize”. Obviously, we’ve all had them but for the couple of minutes it’s quite exciting.

I log in, I’ve won £30. Nice, I checked how it’s possible, did I get 3 numbers 3x?

I don't know how the prizes are distributed but wouldn't most people prefer they ditched the £2 something prize crap and make the other ones bigger?

22 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I don't know how the prizes are distributed but wouldn't most people prefer they ditched the £2 something prize crap and make the other ones bigger?

£10 for 3, £100+ for 4 seemed fair.

£30 for 4 out of 6 seems like a mugging.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

£10 for 3, £100+ for 4 seemed fair.

£30 for 4 out of 6 seems like a mugging.

It's just pointless. No ones playing the lottery to win £2. It works with a scratchcard cause if you get your money back you can just immediately lose on another one, but lottery you have to wait til next week.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You realise to win £30 last night you matched three numbers once, the prize for matching 4 was £140. It's the same every week btw.

Lotto prize breakdown | Results | The National Lottery (national-lottery.co.uk)

Match 6
£0
£0
Match 5 + Bonus
£1,000,000
£2,000,000
Match 5
£1,750
£227,500
Match 4
£140
£724,080
Match 3
£30
£2,332,440
Match 2
Free Lotto Lucky Dip
£1,364,186
Totals 765,145  

£6,648,206

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

You realise to win £30 last night you matched three numbers once, the prize for matching 4 was £140

Lotto prize breakdown | Results | The National Lottery (national-lottery.co.uk)

Totals 765,145  

£6,648,206

Match 6
£0
£0
Match 5 + Bonus
£1,000,000
£2,000,000
Match 5
£1,750
£227,500
Match 4
£140
£724,080
Match 3
£30
£2,332,440
Match 2
Free Lotto Lucky Dip
£1,364,186

Ah yes, looks like it was 3 plus the bonus (which got me nothing extra) and I didn’t realise.

I guess 3 for £30 isn’t too bad then.  

IMG-3565.jpg

i thought it was (or at least used to be) on a sliding scale, so the more people that got 5 numbers the lower the prize for 4 numbers, if someone won the jackpot then the other prizes across the board were lower

maybe they changed it all when they introduced more numbers and went rolloever chasing

Â