Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Ticketmaster are the **** devil.

A gig I booked a couple of years ago has finally been cancelled. Ticketmaster have graciously offered me a refund for the face value of the ticket, about £40, while intending to pocket over £12 in various fees. Robbing bastards. It's more the principle than the amount, but I'll be spending my evening researching if they have a legal leg to stand on.

You don't have a prayer. The booking fee was the cost of booking the ticket not the ticket, you can't take back that you booked the ticket (all the other fees will be the same). 

On the whole refunds thing, I think I posted before that I was on a delayed train at the end of August and put in a claim (they have 28 days to refund). After the 28 days was up I pinged them a message and asked what was going on, weeks after that they got back to me and asked for the ref number of the claim (the ref number was in the title of my and their emails), then they raised a new claim for me...and now getting on for 3 months after the delayed journey they've sent me an e mail today saying "thanks for your claim, we'll get back within 28 days"...

Beyond incompetent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The concensus does seem to be "well you paid for the service of the transaction", but the transaction is linked to the value of the event that was cancelled, nobody is paying the rocket polishers £12 to post a peice of paper that does nothing. It seems outrageous to me that they're able to define such non-negotiable terms that ensure them a profit and a cost to the consumer, if it isn't unlawful, it should be.

Either way, in the terms of sale, they do explicitly say that this fees are non-refundable. Except that they changed the terms of sale as covid hit. The terms of sale that I actually agreed to at the time of sale do say that delivery fees are non-refundable, but say that service fees are refundable in the case of cancellation. So they owe me about £7 of that £12.

Their customer service have highlighted their current terms of service. I'm going to ensure I get my £7 back and get at least £5 of fun out of this process.

I’m pretty sure last year they continued selling tickets for events that were never going to be happening due to lockdowns.

This explains why, they get to keep the booking and arrangement fees when they get round to cancelling it.

How it’s legal I have no idea.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m pretty sure last year they continued selling tickets for events that were never going to be happening due to lockdowns.

This explains why, they get to keep the booking and arrangement fees when they get round to cancelling it.

How it’s legal I have no idea.

They aren't the promoters of the events, whether an event goes ahead or not has nothing to do with them, they are ticket agents nothing more, nothing less.

There's a lot of things wrong with what that section of the events industry does that should be looked into but your specific complaint there is not one of them.

You are holding the wrong company responsible for the cancellation

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

They aren't the promoters of the events, whether an event goes ahead or not has nothing to do with them, they are ticket agents nothing more, nothing less.

There's a lot of things wrong with what that section of the events industry does that should be looked into but your specific complaint there is not one of them.

You are holding the wrong company responsible for the cancellation

I can’t remember the examples, it might have been posted in here in fact, but they still had tickets for sale for events that were 100% not happening. They could have taken them off sale couldn’t they?

Just now, Genie said:

I can’t remember the examples, it might have been posted in here in fact, but they still had tickets for sale for events that were 100% not happening. They could have taken them off sale couldn’t they?

That is an entirely different issue and yes but then again what imbecile buys a ticket for an event that 100% isn't happening?

1 minute ago, bickster said:

That is an entirely different issue and yes but then again what imbecile buys a ticket for an event that 100% isn't happening?

On the off chance it happens thinking worst case they get a full refund…

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

On the off chance it happens thinking worst case they get a full refund…

You said it was 100% not happening. There is no off chance

You can't cancel an event and then suddenly decide its on again once the ball is rolling on refunds. It becomes a new event.

You cannot put this genie back in the bottle 😅

I therefore refer back to my imbecile comment

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You said it was 100% not happening. There is no off chance

You can't cancel an event and then suddenly decide its on again once the ball is rolling on refunds. It becomes a new event.

You cannot put this genie back in the bottle 😅

I therefore refer back to my imbecile comment

I meant from mr casual observer, “some good seats available for that gig I wanted to go to, probably won’t happen but I’ll book them anyway just in case”. 

The fact they were on sale despite the government saying they would remain shut might have led people to have a punt thinking they had nothing to lose (like booking a foreign holiday for example). 
I wonder how many just stuck it on the credit card “risk free” then only only got a percentage back.

"Regarding the email I sent on 1st October 13:40 please note these can be reverted back to what they were originally."

I don't know what you're talking about and if you **** know the date and time you **** sent the **** email why didn't you just forward it or copy the information in your new email you **** prick!

• Like 3

Forgetting a password on an account that uses an old email address

Had a good hour pissing about on Microsoft last night

Also why when I forget my password and they say try again don't they give you the rules from the password? Must contain a capital letter, a number and a special whatever... I'd then know what it is 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Forgetting a password on an account that uses an old email address

Had a good hour pissing about on Microsoft last night

Also why when I forget my password and they say try again don't they give you the rules from the password? Must contain a capital letter, a number and a special whatever... I'd then know what it is 

Yes, all the above. And Chrome suggesting a hard password that it promises to save for you and you won't have to remember it - and then you access one of your regular pages, and it doesn't do it, so you have to create a new one. 

(Cue Limpid telling us that passwords are old hat and we should be using DNA recognition or some such). 

Â