Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Got in a taxi home last night and I dunno whether I've just never noticed this before, but the meter was running up on time elapsed - every 10 seconds the fee went up 13p. I always thought it was on distance, with the cost per distance covered adjusted for time of day/etc.

It annoyed me anyway. I just sat there watching the cost toll up as we sat at a traffic light. Those lights cost me best part of a quid.

Got in a taxi home last night and I dunno whether I've just never noticed this before, but the meter was running up on time elapsed - every 10 seconds the fee went up 13p. I always thought it was on distance, with the cost per distance covered adjusted for time of day/etc.

It annoyed me anyway. I just sat there watching the cost toll up as we sat at a traffic light. Those lights cost me best part of a quid.

Yeah, it costs money when it's idle as well. If you ask a cab driver to wait for you whilst you get cash or whatever then they are still getting paid.

I know it does if you ask them to wait for one reason or another. I just never noticed it going up when actually travelling, i.e. when stopped at lights.

I can't believe that's the first time I've ever noticed that.

I've seen it tick over when the **** filled up for petrol once. Told the word removed to take a fiver off at the end (more then it actually ticked over but serves him right)

Getting told "you're the new guy in the office, you organise the Xmas do". Getting told "you're new in the office, you organise leaving presents for the guy that is leaving. Here's a tenner". Then finding out that the boss doesn't want a meal (well what else do you want for a Christmas do?) and then realising that I know nothing about the guy who is leaving. Thanks for the memories fella, here's a £10* Tesco voucher.

*When I say a tenner, we're going £10 each (there's 5 of us).

I've seen it tick over when the **** filled up for petrol once. Told the word removed to take a fiver off at the end (more then it actually ticked over but serves him right)

Oh aye, that's happened to me too. Not over here mind but in New York a good 8 or so years ago. The idiot got lost first (could have been his first day on the job, who knows) and after driving around for an hour decided to fill up. How you can get lost in New York is beyond me but to be fair to him, it was to a very very dodgy looking hotel in the sticks a few miles away from Newark airport. Methinks he didn't want to go through the dodgy parts :D

New York cabbies generally don't know Jersey well at all.

Probably best off, assuming you're not carrying a lot, is to use PATH to cross the Hudson and use Jersey cabbies on the west side of the river and NY cabbies on the east.

Either that or consider a black car, which (at least legally) you technically have to call ahead for, but for which you're typically pre-agreeing a fee instead of having the meter running.

My girlfriend was due a pretty serious operation today.

She wouldn't have returned to work before January.

Our employers have been very understanding with time off and rota allocation.

Parents have been drafted in from afar to help out for the first few days.

We've sat for 6 1/2 hours in the nil by mouth pre-op waiting room - to be told that there's no beds anywhere in the hospital.

Operation cancelled.

Bags with wheels:

When did this sudden explosion of the use of bags with wheels take place!? They're everywhere. I'm pretty sure that in the next decade, there will be more bags with wheels than people!

It's not just dainty little women who are too weak to carry their luggage that use them, it's grown **** men as well. I can't walk through an aiport or train station without being stuck behind some mincer flouncing along with his bag on wheels snaking behing him!!! PICK IT UP FFS!! :bang:

Friday breakfast/lunch rocket polishers:

When was it decided that Friday had to be the ONE and ONLY day that people can have something a little bit unhealthy for their lunch or breakfast!!! There's a buritto place that I like to frequent regularly, but can I get in there on a Friday!? Can I ****, because it's mobbed full of people who have decided to 'treat' themselves and be a little 'naughty' (Tee Hee!) because it's Friday. Twunts!

Lunches that consist of a packet of sandwiches, a bag of crisps, and a piece of fruit/chocolate bar:

How the **** do people eat this shit for lunch? Fair enough if you're nine years old, but not if you're a grown adult! I used to eat this shite because my mom made me, but since I've had my own free choice, I couldn't think of anything more depressing that grim, pre-packed sandwiches, a bag of walkers and a **** apple.

People who believe everything they read in newspapers: LOOK! It's in a newspaper - it MUST be true! As if journalists are all-knowing, fountains of the absolute truth.

Derren Brown: Word Removed.

****, I'm angry for no reason tonight.

:evil:

My girlfriend was due a pretty serious operation today.

She wouldn't have returned to work before January.

Our employers have been very understanding with time off and rota allocation.

Parents have been drafted in from afar to help out for the first few days.

We've sat for 6 1/2 hours in the nil by mouth pre-op waiting room - to be told that there's no beds anywhere in the hospital.

Operation cancelled.

That's a real pisser. Hope she's OK.

Â