Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Arsenal have the American owner! 

Hard to know who made the decision, you can argue there were a few footballing reasons to it too but to put that kind of asset in the bin, to take that much of a financial hit is crazy, it's definitley part of what they did to ozil though, the TV block etc all factored in to it 

They chose the yuan over him and he was worth a lot of money which just goes to show how much that yuan is worth 

His case isn't as clear cut, because he was performing worse, he had that weird gangland adjacent thing hanging over him for a bit, and it's not completely uncommon for clubs to freeze out a star to make clear to them they're not wanted. But it seems completely plausible that the Uyghur comments were a big factor, or maybe even the deciding factor.

I wonder if there are any clearer examples of British celebrities, brands etc cravenly apologising to the CCP?

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

I went to Weymouth a few years ago. That's a pretty good seaside town. Love Lyme Regis too, loads of excellent pasty shops

All with signs in the window saying award winning pasties?

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wonder if there are any clearer examples of British celebrities, brands etc cravenly apologising to the CCP?

Its mainly the international fashion brands that have the temerity to class HK, Taiwan or Macau as separate countries. They soon drop to their knees to apologise. Pathetic.

I remember reading a China blogger once who said if any non Chinese person criticised any aspect of China... then it was akin to slagging the whole country off in the eyes of the Chinese people and they would turn on you. Its quite impressive/frightening how well drilled they are in their response. 

I’m off to cotteridge wines tonight before another trip to Attic brewery and then Wildcat in Stirchley. It’s all about marshmallow & chocolate stouts and dark cherry porters for me at the moment. What a clearing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m off to cotteridge wines tonight before another trip to Attic brewery and then Wildcat in Stirchley. It’s all about marshmallow & chocolate stouts and dark cherry porters for me at the moment. What a clearing. 

Not the weather for me to be supping flagons of stout! Too warm. Perfect wether for a nice lager shandy*

* awaits the abuse. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not the weather for me to be supping flagons of stout! Too warm. Perfect wether for a nice lager shandy*

* awaits the abuse. 

I think you should get abuse for using the word 'flagons" !

realaletwat.jpg

• Like 1

On 04/06/2021 at 03:12, maqroll said:

John Cena's groveling apology to China for referring to Taiwan as a country. Bootlicking for dollars. 

The penny has only just dropped that you are talking about the country and not the former deceased female wrestler 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

* awaits the abuse. 

Why abuse, a nice cold larger shandy or dash is lovely in this hot weather.

Gay GIF

• Like 1

I’m in the office today, I’d forgotten about the guy with the extremely loud, extremely deep, extremely posh voice who spends all day on the phone.

One of those voices that just carries around the office and everyone has to live with every word he says. 

I am paying an obscene amount of money for a patio being laid and a new fence going in. The weather and scarcity of materials means its been going on since early May. Its probably got a couple of weeks left on the job now. Thank god its not a day rate and its for the whole job.  

Edited by Seat68

Going back to the comment about being afraid to upset China. I'm in the telecoms sector and the amount of money being spend to remove Huawei kit from the EE & Three networks is staggering. Its a huge middle finger to the Chinese and its costing millions. On the other hand the old school Scandinavian mobs (Nokia & Ericsson) are rubbing their hands together. Its like the early 2000's all over again for them.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I am paying an obscene amount of money for a patio being laid and a new fence going in. The weather and scarcity of materials means its been going on since early May. Its probably got a couple of weeks left on the job now. Thank god its not a day rate and its for the whole job.  

Mate of mine is a plasterer and he said cost of plaster and boards has nearly doubled since the start of the year.

I said “it’s possibly related to Brexit” (as he fits the mould for a Brexiteer) to which he very quickly stated they are made in the UK… I said they are finished here but possibly have raw materials from the EU, hence the shortages and subsequent price rises.

Blank face.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

It's probably hard to say how much is brexit and how much is covid, there seem to be shortages and/or substantial price hikes of quite a few items I've been looking to buy though, from various electronics to DIY kit.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's probably hard to say how much is brexit and how much is covid, there seem to be shortages and/or substantial price hikes of quite a few items I've been looking to buy though, from various electronics to DIY kit.

Absolutely true, I just wanted to take the opportunity to wind him up and burst his bubble a little bit.

On 05/06/2021 at 12:17, mottaloo said:

I think you should get abuse for using the word 'flagons" !

realaletwat.jpg

I couldn't sup the aforementioned flagons of foaming ale within a 3 mile radius of New Street. Not allowed, you see. It would be confined to the shires. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Also seems to be a container shortage for people importing tat from China as well. 

Â