Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Yeah, I was just thinking that I've got to set the alarm tonight. 

I'll be sat at the dining room table whilst my wife who has tomorrow off will be dismantling Christmas around me. 

Most of the people in our road have taken down the lights etc today so the world has gone back to beige. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Talking of work... i've got the spectre of work on my back like a angry gorilla. I hate January. I know its been strange in 2020 but Christmas is still Christmas and that means shorter work days and weeks. Plus I had a lot of time off from mid November, so the last 6 weeks or so have been nice. That is over now though. 

The thought of a five day week and impending tougher lockdowns makes me feel lower than a snakes belly. There is literally nothing to look forward to. 

Cheer up @Xela.  We're on the final straight now. 2nd Vaccine starts getting into People's arms tomorrow morning. We really are on the cusp of the end of lockdown now, just such a shame it's taken a turn for the worse before the end. 

I'm certain you will be at Wembley in June. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Talking of work... i've got the spectre of work on my back like a angry gorilla. I hate January. I know its been strange in 2020 but Christmas is still Christmas and that means shorter work days and weeks. Plus I had a lot of time off from mid November, so the last 6 weeks or so have been nice. That is over now though. 

The thought of a five day week and impending tougher lockdowns makes me feel lower than a snakes belly. There is literally nothing to look forward to. 

I bet it won't be as bad as you fear. Just do the siege mentality thing and get through it all pragmatic like. I find the routine of January can sometimes be a relief after the ridiculous excesses and randomness of Christmas (and don't get me wrong, I **** love Christmas). Certainly to my body it can be a huge relief :)  Chin up mucker :thumb:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Xela said:

There is literally nothing to look forward to. 

There is - I hate winter too - November to march basically, but especially December and Jan/Feb. But I always look forward to Spring and lighter days and warmer weather. This year there's the extra hope of looking forward to the fungus vaccine and some kind of easing of all the sh*te.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I bet it won't be as bad as you fear. Just do the siege mentality thing and get through it all pragmatic like. I find the routine of January can sometimes be a relief after the ridiculous excesses and randomness of Christmas (and don't get me wrong, I **** love Christmas). Certainly to my body it can be a huge relief :)  Chin up mucker :thumb:

You are right, it wasn't that bad. I worked last week so had no nasty surprises waiting for me. I even got out for some fresh air. Plus I had a nice bland lunch - can't get away with eating half a box of Milk Tray for lunch in January! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BOF said:

Yeah, this. I have no intention of doing 'dry January', but I usually find I just naturally drink less in the first few weeks of the new year, and it feels quite pleasant. Don't miss office work, mind. 

CB Radio enthusiasts in the late 70's early 80's pretending to be Americans and also their irrational hatred of British Telecom and Buzby as a mascot 

That's a big 10-4 good buddy, hit your high button, that's a big negatory, gotta go, breaker break, by ze by, whoosh bang I'm gone

Just now, Follyfoot said:

CB Radio enthusiasts in the late 70's early 80's pretending to be Americans and also their irrational hatred of British Telecom and Buzby as a mascot 

That's a big 10-4 good buddy, hit your high button, that's a big negatory, gotta go, breaker break, by ze by, whoosh bang I'm gone

The Scouse taxi slang for a No Show is Bogey which derives from Bogus Job which in turn derives from CB Radio. This really should be in the Boring Thread

On 03/01/2021 at 17:07, Davkaus said:

I prefer not to use autocorrect, I find it instils a false sense of confidence, and I don't trust it not to correct to something I didn't intend. I need to proofread for typos that are valid spellings anyway. It might save you from "thnaks", but it'll let "kind retards" sail right on through. 

I have spelled accounts wrong too many times, in Skype/Teams chats.

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Scouse taxi slang for a No Show is Bogey which derives from Bogus Job which in turn derives from CB Radio. This really should be in the Boring Thread

Watch the bear trap and the polar bear good buddy, hearin' they handin' out invitations at the bear cave, Catch Ya On The Flip Flop BEEP BEEP

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Both these sentences are basically in a different language.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Rarely get up late, but getting up 5 mins before I’m meant to leave the house isn’t a great way to start the day. I’m up but my head is still in bed . Please help!!!!.......

Sounds like you have time for VT.

Do you stand or sit when wiping your bumhole ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Sounds like you have time for VT.

Do you stand or sit when wiping your bumhole ?

Up at 5.55 and left the house at 6.02 to get picked up. Currently sat in van on site trying to get over what feels like a slight hangover . Always stand, it’s the most ethical way of doing it .

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Up at 5.55 and left the house at 6.02 to get picked up. Currently sat in van on site trying to get over what feels like a slight hangover . Always stand, it’s the most ethical way of doing it .

Monster. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Did you mean economical ?

Ethical pooping is going to have me chuckling all day.

• Like 1

Â