Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

"YoU ShOuLdn'T CoMplAin AboUT VAR, yOu WoulDn'T Be In ThE LeaGuE WIthOut iT"

33 penalties in the last 59 games apparently, I do love having a bit of fun chirping about conspiracy theories, obviously there couldn't be, surely they too much to lose.

However, “…when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth…”

Edited by Phil Silvers

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

33 penalties in the last 59 games apparently, I do love having a bit of fun chirping about conspiracy theories, obviously there couldn't be, surely they too much to lose.

However, “…when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth…”

In the same time frame, 1 red card...

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

While I agree with your sentiment, this phrase is an appeal to ignorance. It led its author to believe that Houdini possessed magical powers.

8 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The simple metric of the number of penalties is not quite sufficient. In that someone will have more than others. Indeed if all clubs had exactly the same number that would be even more suspicious.

I can't help thinking something along the lines: penalties per attacking hour inside the 18 yard box would be better, though not perfect metric.

• Like 1

I’ve had my car 18 months but only now I need to replace 2 of the tyres. 
Booked in earlier in the week, get to the tyre place, look for the locking wheel nut key... balls... where is it?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one so probably didn’t get one.

Luckily there was a slip in the glove box with the code for it. Ordered a replacement key off ebay, £21. Could have been worse. Thank god I didn’t get a puncture!

25 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

The simple metric of the number of penalties is not quite sufficient. In that someone will have more than others. Indeed if all clubs had exactly the same number that would be even more suspicious.

I can't help thinking something along the lines: penalties per attacking hour inside the 18 yard box would be better, though not perfect metric.

They're all genuine penalties surely, boneheads like me always whinge when our teams lose, there couldn't be any corruption in football, couldn't be.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Booked in earlier in the week, get to the tyre place, look for the locking wheel nut key... balls... where is it?

Luckily there was a slip in the glove box with the code for it. Ordered a replacement key off ebay, £21. Could have been worse. Thank god I didn’t get a puncture!

Buy for normal nuts for it now, Locking wheel nuts are pointless unless you have a fantasic car, no one nicks "normal" alloys anymore

Just now, bickster said:

Buy for normal nuts for it now, Locking wheel nuts are pointless unless you have a fantasic car, no one nicks "normal" alloys anymore

Yeah, I know what you mean but I need a new locking nut key to get my lockers off. I’m tempted to just stick standard nuts on in their place in case the key goes missing again.

I know a few people with LR Discovery’s and their wheels are getting nicked all over the place. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Yeah, I know what you mean but I need a new locking nut key to get my lockers off. I’m tempted to just stick standard nuts on in their place in case the key goes missing again.

I know a few people with LR Discovery’s and their wheels are getting nicked all over the place. 

Yeah its an issue with 4x4s and the like but a £21 locking wheel nut from a dealer makes me think your car isn't one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah its an issue with 4x4s and the like but a £21 locking wheel nut from a dealer makes me think your car isn't one

The trick is knowing which one fits the car because there’s dozens of types for Ford alone. I was extremely lucky there was a slip in the glovebox with the key type.

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

Look under the passenger seat. 

Â