Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 27/12/2020 at 19:08, Seat68 said:

We are a mish mash with imperial and metric. We measure liquids in ml and litres but sometimes will use pounds and sometimes kg. As for kilometres, can never see that being adopted. 

I can't wait for the pubs to reopen.  First thing I am going to do is go right up to that counter and order 500ml of my favourite beer. 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2020 at 10:05, Follyfoot said:

Thank God they still measure the penis in good old fashioned inches

I think the official measure is the lesser known "short inch" though. 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2020 at 19:09, chrisp65 said:

Celebrity Mastermind - it’s not all one way traffic!

Question this evening: Chuck D Flavor, Flav, and DJ Lord are members of which hip hop group?

I mean, that’s pretty basic knowledge if you have even a passing interest in any music post skiffle.

I've never heard of any of those people let alone which hippity hop collective they are from. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/12/2020 at 13:40, rjw63 said:

Exactly what my missus said last night after she saw Sir Tax Dodger got his for driving a car :)

It's the frickin engineers who should get the honours.  They are the genius behind his victories. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's the frickin engineers who should get the honours.  They are the genius behind his victories. 

I look forward to the day in athletics when they announce that pre race, they are going to find out who’s fastest at the 100 metres... and give them a head start.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I look forward to the day in athletics when they announce that pre race, they are going to find out who’s fastest at the 100 metres... and give them a head start.

Athletics right now is a funny one. Between Nike spring-loading shoes and LEDs electronic pacing systems, the records in long distance are tumbling. It's all a bit crap. Like those wet-suits that ruined swimming for a while

Inevitably thoughts turn to work tomorrow and I’m pretty sure I changed my password right before I broke up and I’ve no idea what it is.

Looks like I’ll be starting the new year on the phone to IT.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Inevitably thoughts turn to work tomorrow and I’m pretty sure I changed my password right before I broke up and I’ve no idea what it is.

Excellent forward planning!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Half the time when typing "thanks" in an email, etc., I type "thnaks". 

Autocorrect. (Although I never use it myself). 

On a related note, what pisses me off is when I repeatedly mis-key stuff. I've got big clumsy fingers, and even though I've installed a 'big keys' app, I still mistype - and often repeatedly. Then when I try and backspace I hit the '.' instead, and end up with the original* typo, followed by '..........'. 

* I did it, right there - typed 'origibal' TWICE before I got it right. 

• Like 1

I prefer not to use autocorrect, I find it instils a false sense of confidence, and I don't trust it not to correct to something I didn't intend. I need to proofread for typos that are valid spellings anyway. It might save you from "thnaks", but it'll let "kind retards" sail right on through. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

ebe9f827c839362f0412c6dc59ebcf85.gif

Oh.. IT

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

Talking of work... i've got the spectre of work on my back like a angry gorilla. I hate January. I know its been strange in 2020 but Christmas is still Christmas and that means shorter work days and weeks. Plus I had a lot of time off from mid November, so the last 6 weeks or so have been nice. That is over now though. 

The thought of a five day week and impending tougher lockdowns makes me feel lower than a snakes belly. There is literally nothing to look forward to. 

I sneezed a look at my emails the other day just to be aware of what was going on, making sure there hadn’t been a raging fire somewhere for the last week.

My emails included a Client asking me for stuff quite late on Christmas Eve, then sending an email on Boxing Day asking me to ‘just confirm’ that I had received the Christmas Eve email.

My out of office was on, I shall acknowledge both emails, tomorrow, at 8:31am

Head down and get through January and February.

Which was also my tactic for November and December, promising myself a great family Christmas as a reward. Well that didn’t happen.

• Like 1

I've been off since the 17th and I honestly don't know where the time has gone. Tomorrow is going to be **** dreadful.

My goal for the new year is to stop trying to be a hero, and stick to 7.5 hour days. If shit doesn't get done, someone else can pick up some slack for once.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Excellent forward planning!

Panic over. It was playing on my mind enough to check today, and login is fine :D It was the pin on my work phone I’d changed and thankfully made a note of. 

Â