Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I always think of Bangladesh's parliament building, the best parliament building in the world:

a4affc4844e1810641b2f963dc82513f.jpg

Check the inside!:

light.jpg?w=908

That's actually beautiful.

Not sure that the bland exterior of the North Stand that perpetually looks like it's had an army of chain smokers stood outside can compare :D 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That's actually beautiful.

Not sure that the bland exterior of the North Stand that perpetually looks like it's had an army of chain smokers stood outside can compare :D 

It absolutely is!

I love good brutalism. I agree the North Stand is not a great example of the style at its best 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Meh. To steal a joke from Twitter, it's 'a parliament for vampires'.

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Looks like it was designed by an even more camp Jacob Rees Mogg, but his day job is actually a wedding cake maker.

Meh , Heathens the pair of you .. angry season 8 GIF

Edited by tonyh29

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ll raise ya .....

Been inside the building on the right 

9658AE56-1AEC-4200-84C9-C07F5F979C12.jpeg

Are they not coming down soon. Sure one of the other buildings got demolished last year, I was in Tesco’s just up the road and thought there had been a terror attack. Used to have a quality little golf course on it as well

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Are they not coming down soon. Sure one of the other buildings got demolished last year, I was in Tesco’s just up the road and thought there had been a terror attack. Used to have a quality little golf course on it as well

Yes mate all coming down . The one did come down last year as you say.  Think they are building 1500 houses among some other things. Did  a bit of work there when I was 17. Be a shame to see it disappear from the skyline .

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yes mate all coming down . The one did come down last year as you say.  Think they are building 1500 houses among some other things. Did  a bit of work there when I was 17. Be a shame to see it disappear from the skyline .

Walk past it every day and double back down the canal, like you say it will be odd not being there 

22 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'd love to work there ..

When i think of brutal  architecture, I think more of the library in Kosovo  , possibly the ugliest building i've ever visited

KV-Pristina-National-Library-of-Kosovo.jpg

I quite like that. It has character, compare it to the ugly office block with the antennae on in the background.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

in other news @bickster enjoyed his driving tour around Kosovo 

Kind reminds me of my trip to Warrington yesterday if the truth be known. 30 minutes of mostly motorway driving and at least 3 people driving like that. The missus was on the phone to a work colleague who got the full power of an expletive filled rant for which my missus had to semi-apologise for with a "Sorry about my husbands language but someone just nearly killed us on the motorway"

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Walk past it every day and double back down the canal, like you say it will be odd not being there 

Yeah nice walk down the canal . It’s great going to The Ash Tree in the summer. Sit outside having a meal next to the canal. Few beers whilst the kids play on the park. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

There used to be a fantastic country music pub near Rugeley power station on the way to Armitage. Loved the place, Spode Cottage. Closed down so local gigs dried up. 

Yep, lovely building isn’t it. Been closed for ages. My missus used to work there a few years back. 

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So there is now a strong chance that Ruge’s missus has seen Seat’s Do Si Do?

123.jpg

More than likely, yes . I used to go there and have a drink some nights whilst she was working, so I’ve probably shared a bit of a line dance with him myself 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â